Main Menu

83 Floats

Started by firstone, July 06, 2009, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstone

Hello Carb Gurus.  What can you tell me about 83 floats?  I have a repaired float which appears to be coming apart.  Are they hollow or made of some sort of closed foam?  Assuming it can be re-repaired what would be the correct adhesive?

Kiwi

My 82 float is made of solid foam... i dunno if the 83 is the same... but hope it helps
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox

h2olawyer

83 floats are foam.  Don't know how to glue them back together, though.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kev10104

h2olawyer

The problem is that 83 floats are rarer than unobtanium.  Repair is really the only option with these.  An 82 float is quite different and can be easily found.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.