Previous topic - Next topic

cant find a carb kit

where
1 (50%)
how
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

82visionchopper

hey everyone,, i need to find a rebuild kit for an 82. looked everywhere and have come up empty.. also i have pretty much a complete body and plastics and seat and vetter fairing for sale. let me know if interested..
thanks
cory

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

you're not a very good looker....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-XZ550-XZ550RJ-VISION-KEYSTER-CARB-KIT-1982_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem588280eaccQQitemZ380146608844QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

yeah, that's a lot of money, Rick G here says why bother? I guess he makes his own gaskets and can source an odd oring or two....

aww, you beat me to it Tiger
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

82visionchopper

QBS

82visionchopper

jasonm.

full size BIG windjammer w/round headlight???? or the smaller Vetter quicksilver w/square headlight?  I had the quicksilver...perfect size. Just had to put a modern quartz HELLA headlight in the quicksilver....never had a headlight that good on any vehicle. Hella is great!
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Rick G

I had a Quick silver too, its the right size for a Vision. The Wind Jammer is just that! It a bit of a load for a 550.It pushes a lot of air.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

thread hijack. I say the most gigantic obnoxious fairing on an xz550, the better.  I mean with that much displacement put on 1500 lbs of of fiberglass and 30 sq. ft. of windshield.  

if your careful, you can remove the gasket in one piece.  The rest of the kit is just new parts of stuff that I have almost never replaced.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

I do like to replace the needle & seat when possible, so the kit does help there.  Buying them individually is nearly the same price as the kits!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

82visionchopper

it is the quicksilver with the square headlight.  it was mounted and functioned before i took it off. all the hardware and brackets. leather glove box covers are good too.

YellowJacket!

Sweet.

Hey, since your name is "82visionchopper", have you converted your Vision to a chopper?  One of the guys posted a youtube link about a week ago showing a guy riding a Vision chopper.  Was pretty cool.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

82visionchopper

thats what i plan on doing.. will post pics soon..

YellowJacket!

Have you seen the video of the vision chopper on youtube?

David

82visionchopper

ya i seen it. doesnt look to good. mine will be absolutely different scheme. more modern approach.

82visionchopper

these are some pics i have of the vision plastics and fairings and such. the fairing is a nightstalker.   http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/corybucci/043-1.jpg

YellowJacket!

I hope the front tire in teh picture is not on your bike.  If so, your forks are backwards.  :o

David

Rick G

Dave , It may be your dyslexia , or mine, but the wheels looks fine from here!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Re-Vision

h2olawyer

Looks to me like the forks have been removed & are resting nearly horizontal.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.