News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

slow vision?

Started by flyinbike, August 08, 2009, 01:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

Quote from: lexx790 on August 10, 2009, 05:29:25 PM
So if your rich enough in the US can you continually keep breaking the speed limit?

That's pretty consistent for most everything....

Re-Vision

Its mostly the poor who keep breaking the speed limit, the in for a penny, in for a pound mentality.  Once we accumulate a significant amount of fines we get a good lawyer who looks for technicalities to get our cases thrown out of court.  Its when we fail to pay our fines or hire a good lawyer that we get tossed in jail and maybe lose our license.  Our legal system is setup to provide money to the district where the fine occurred and/or the lawyers.  The main reason to not get fines is to keep our insurance costs down.  I can't speak for the other forty-nine states but I believe this to be pretty accurate for Texas.  BDC

YellowJacket!

As far as I know in the three yeaars that we have had red light cameras in Knoxville, only 2 people have actually "beaten" the fines.  I hate the damn things.  It seems like they have shortened the yellow lights so they can "get ya".  Locked up YJ's brakes a few weeks ago on my way to work.  It was a good practice for a panic stop, thankfully no one was behind me.

The ironic thing is that, yes, T-bones have gone down but the number of rearenders and multiple vehicle rear enders has gone up exponentially.  (they just don't want you to know that).

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

I can do 89mph... UP a big friggin hill
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: kwells on August 10, 2009, 05:47:52 PM
most states assign points as well.

...as does Canada!!! My last one was for 48 Km's, (30 miles), over the posted limit = $375.00 fine and four points!!! 2 more Km's over and they would have impounded "The Mistress" and suspended my licence for a week!!! Plea bargained with the court prosecuter and had it reduced to three points and $150.00 fine ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

I just checked on my way in to work:

at 55 mph, in 5th gear, 5000 RPM
at 50 mph, in 4th gear, 5500 RPM.

I had to slow down so I couldn't check 3rd.  It seems that in 4th, 72 mph would get you 8000 RPM.  in 5th, 8000 RPM would be 88 mph.

Again, this is on a 1983, 100/90/18 front wheel.

Brian

jasonm.

My digital speedo was put on because BOTH my '83 speedos read lower than actual. Could get a ticket ya know. So after checking my digi thru work zone radar and many calculations. My euro-geared bike if it ever made it to redline in 5th would be ~119mph. But my little trunk on the back adds a bit of aero drag. So 119 will never happen. I will say 80-95 is simply just a slight twist while cruising in 5th @65. NV's did do 89 up a rather steep hill and much faster on the flats.  I did get  40mpg doing a steady 75-85 for 130 miles.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules