News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Oil Drain Plug Size?

Started by MotorPlow, May 04, 2004, 12:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorPlow

With all this talk about oil, I want to swap my Oil Drain Plug for a Magnetic one.  Anyone know what size it is?  I've looked everywhere I can think and all I can find for Yamaha is "All Models".  Do all Yamahas have the same size oil drain plug?  I hope to pick one up when I pick up some 20/50 oil.

As always, any help will be appreciated,
Callaway Chris

h2olawyer

Chris -

I think the oil drain plug is the same size as the magnetized final drive drain plug.  If so, your local Yamaha dealer might be able to get a final drive drain plug that would wouk for you.  If I'm mistaken, someone will let us know.

H2o
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

It is the same size, & it fits well.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Lucky -

Thanks for the confirmation. ;D I thought I remembered reading about that here sometime in the distant past.  Guess it's time to go back and skim over the past postings again.   The mind - it can realy be a terrible thing!

H2o
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

MotorPlow

Kewl,
//www.bikebandit.com had the magnetic final drive drain plug (11H-13455-00-00) for $2.49.

Again,  Thanx for the help.
Chris
Callaway, VA