Main Menu

I have an idea

Started by YellowJacket!, September 06, 2009, 09:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

I was thinking while I was looking at YJ the other day about where I got all her parts from.  Many were purchsed off ebay but several parts came from ROV members either through a trade or purchase.
In a sort of geaniology way I thought it would be cool to put my initials on an inconspicuous place on all the parts I trade or sell now just to be able to trace the lineage of parts.  Kinda silly idea but thought it would be cool to know the origins and locations of parts for prosperity.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kojo

I think you mean posterity rather than prosperity  ;)

I think it would be kind of cool, but it would be difficult to track, unless you had a list of names that came with the part or something. It would be neat if the part magically traced itself from you to another ROV member.
Younger, but just as smart. Really.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Kojo on September 06, 2009, 02:33:18 PM
I think you mean posterity rather than prosperity  ;)

Yep, that word.  Hadn't had my coffee yet..hence the crazy idea too.  I thing I was still 7/8ths asleep.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

dave,
   remember the white binder sitting by the door?
inside that binder is a listing of each and every part, along with who it came from, addy and price . starting with a wiring harness from Lucky ,through a total of three bikes ,down to my last purchase of a set of plug wires from tiger ( which worked like gangbusters in fixing my idle issue )

second section holds outgoing parts ,who,where ,but no pricing list, as you know , i rarely if ever ask for cash - i tend to barter my way along (we wont say what our barter was )

now, if i could just find my darn car keys, i will be OK!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .