News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

freestyle music park freedom ride and parade

Started by kiawrench, September 12, 2009, 10:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

the park formerly advertised as th e"hard rock Park " ,now th e"freestyle music park " held a freedom ride and parade today , in honor of th efallen on 9/11. funds were raised to assists survivors, and area bikers flocked to join in:  blue knights, rolling thunder,so-4-real,buffalo riders,ACC riders inc , and assorted other bike groups lined up for several miles to be able to roll in the parade ,word has it there were over 1000 bikes total in this freedom ride and parade .  thr ride itself started at the park, 4 miles outside of myrtle beach limits, towards the city ,and was promptly refused  passage on city streets. after a few minutes of head scratching ,the ride was re-routed to skirt the city , and come monday, another lawsuit will be filed  for discrimination - this will make 18 total ,in addition to all of the other lawsuits over biker related "laws" .
   At the conclusion of the ride today, a local resident ,a former NYFD member,injured on 9/11, was presented with a nos 2008 kia van ,with wheelchair lift, chair lock downs and free service for life of vehicle.
  the local outdoor sports shop also presented him with a wheelchair designed for marathon events,which he has ,but needed to replace due to wear .
  I rode the black project bike in the parade ,no real issue or gremlin came along, but i was almost ticketed for unlawful gathering again, but as was pointed out by several of the riders with me, i was 20 ft outside of city limits, and that means no ticket can be written. Thank you blue knights ,and judge jessica c. carnell(also 20 ft outside of city limits) i haven't changed my riding habits, but i did move into a better circle of local riders, cops,firemen and city employees of right kind !

only thing i noticed about the black bike today, (after being a parts bike,a scrap bike and now project bike )the cooling fan comes on way earlier than the silver bike did and it will not run on regular gas , i am having to use premium with a bit of 104 octane booster in it . looks like a rebuild of carbs and a re-jet is in order .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

Quote from: kiawrench on September 12, 2009, 10:16:06 PM
  only thing i noticed about the black bike today, (after being a parts bike,a scrap bike and now project bike )the cooling fan comes on way earlier than the silver bike did and it will not run on regular gas , i am having to use premium with a bit of 104 octane booster in it . looks like a rebuild of carbs and a re-jet is in order .

That really makes no sense, it should run on 2 stroke gas..  are you running Seafoam or Berrymans?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

funkamongus

Wow, you guys did a really good thing. Im proud to know ya.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!