Started by Tiger, September 01, 2009, 02:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkamongus

Sounds like a great and busy day!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

kev10104

It was truley a superb time.We got pissed on a ;little but none said a word about that.It is funny that when you are driving in a car you curse about the rain but when you are out riding and having fun it is not even a second thought.These outing are really fantastic.I ride about an hour and a half to Tigers and the same amount home but I love it.Again in a car you curse the length of the trip but not on a bike.Like is always said on her it is the people that make these rides so rewarding.You have jokes and laughs and real friendship which is so hard to find.Thanks for a great day guys and I am up for the next one whenever that is.The sooner the better.

Tiger

Quote from: Tiger on October 04, 2009, 08:16:05 PM
...and a British Motor Cycle Weekly magazine dated 3rd October 1981 with the picture of an '81 U.K. Vision, in Star Silver, (U S '83 spec), on the front page for 50 cents!!!

When I picked up this magazine there where two more old mags laying there, (both Canadian bike mags from '83 & '85)...the guy said "Take them all for a dollar"??..."Sure" said I... ::) 8)

I was looking through these the other day and one...the '83 mag... has a full page Yamaha add' with a Vision in (along with a Virago & a Seca)!! It also has a 1/3 page add (picture & write up) for the '83 Canadian (Red/White) Vision, sadly, in Black 'n White print...but hey!!! Below it, the other 2/3's are/were Canadian Yamaha dealers...mainly in Alberta & British Columbia.

It now resides with Kev10104 and his Red/White '83...a nice piece of nostalgia eh!!!

I love these swap meets...its amazing what you find laying around. In a lot of cases, people have no idea that the piece of "junk" you have in your hand(s) is a Vision part and will virtually give it away to you!!! At the Paris meet in June, I picked up a complete set of Vision carbs ('82) for $3.00!!!

We also found two vendors that have Vision/Vision spares laying around their shops. They didn't bring the "stuff" because they didn't think anyone still rode Visions anymore :o ::) How wrong they can be ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

That's the beauty of these meets.You can find treasures that are meaningless to others but like a gold mine to us.Thanks for the paper buddy.