What would cause this?

Started by TixonPB, October 24, 2009, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TixonPB

Ever since i've had the bike, brake light has never turned on when I press the rear brake lever. It only comes on with the front brake lever. Is this all visions or just mine? If its just mine, what could I do to cure it?

(btw, the charging problem was both my stator and my R/R. apparently one day when i was gone, my mom wanted to ride it but couldn't get it started, so she hooked it up to the charger.....the car charger......so yeah. but its taken care of now and the bike runs great)

Night Vision

try adjusting the switch that the rear brake activates...

the housing is threaded and screws in or out

if that doesn't work.... try cleaning the connectors that are under the seat
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

TixonPB

Where is the switch? Can someone give me a picture?

Re-Vision

This is the brake switch, you should look underneath it and find a stiff wire that is connected to your brake pedal.  If that is okay then check the electrical wires running out of the top of the switch for good connections.  BDC

TixonPB

Thank you. ummmm.....on mine, there are two little wire-like things sticking out of the bottom of the switch about 10mm, but they aren't connected to anything...

Re-Vision

First picture is brake switch, second picture shows how it should be connected.  You apparently have a broken spring wire coming out of switch housing.  BDC

TixonPB

Is there anything i could substitute or do i just have to get a new switch?

Re-Vision

A good stiff wire that doesn't stretch would likely work, pay the postage and I'll send you a switch.  BDC

TixonPB

I'll try a stiff wire and if it doesn't work, I'll take you up on the offer. Thanks for your help with the pictures. :) its always good to have a brake light ;)

Re-Vision

Sent your switch off, contact me at the following E-Mail address. Send check or cash for $2.44 to

Re-Vision

Let me know if you failed to get the switch.  BDC

TixonPB

I got the switch, I've just been out of town and haven't had the chance to send off the money. I'm very sorry, and I will have payment sent to you tomorrow.

TixonPB

Re-Vision

TixonPB

I absolutly love the USPS (sarcasm). I will re-send payment soon.