Do you have any knowledge about Mikuni Tm40s from Ski Doo snowmobiles?

Started by Humber, December 01, 2009, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

Hello, I have just dropped in to see what's going on :police:

To cut a long story short, last holidays I returned to biking but this time I decided to buy an enduro and the choice was Suzuki Dr 800 Big, probably you didn't get it in the States but who cares..  :P

Hither and thither have I heard  ;D that some more power can be delivered by Mikuni Tm40 carbs and these are of my interest. Suzi has vacuum type carbs (bst38mm??) which are said to be slack on the uptake....

Probably there is some truth in it but..... the tm40s are quite damn expensive and had it not been for the fact that I found something different, I would not even bother....

So, as in the old days, I started ebay browsing and came across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKIDOO-REV-ZX-MIKUNI-CARBURETORS-TM-40-MM-FLAT-SLIDE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20ae4a2a96QQitemZ140363049622QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Tm40 Flats for snowbiles. Judging by the look of them, they also have an accelerator pump, seem to be a bit bigger than a "normal" counterpart - mainly because (I assume) they are heated....

And now, I realise the jetting will be different but as I am going to make them fit to my bike it would have to be changed anyway. So, apart from the jetting, is there anything that could prevent me from having these beasts on my bike?? I need two of such...

nie ma podpis?w

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

hmmmnz

i used to have a tm40 on my xr650,
it was tricky to tune, but i got there in the end, it was probably a bit large for the xr but i think it would be about right on the drbig,
flatslides give wicked throttle response when set up right,
if you do get it, get the bike basically running, and then get it setup on the dyno,
i thought i had it set up well, untill i got the dyno guys on it, just having a visual printout at any given revs makes thing so much easier,
they had it setup perfectly in 3 runs, compared to what i had spent already on needles and jets. let alone the time, i should have gone straight to them :D

have fun
grrrr