News:

Main Menu

I have a pain in my face

Started by jono1798, January 30, 2010, 08:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jono1798

>:( >:( ??? >:( >:(

I just got a new (used) air filter and housing. I'm having a basterd of a time getting it to fit over the top of the Carb.

the bottom of the old housing has 2 large holes in it as you are all aware, but the last owner had widened them fairly crudely so that the "joint Air CLNR" would plop down on the top of the carb with ease. So with the both the joint air clnr's inserted in the base of the air filter housing I've been trying for ages to wiggle it properly over the carb. Fail every time. Am I missing something? Is there a technique?
No man is rich enough to buy back the past.

Tiger

??? Do have an '82 or an '83 Vision/set of carbs... ???...because the '83 carbs need an '83 air box or at least, the lower part.

Other than that, make sure the two clamps are backed off enough...centre the two rubber stacks over the top of the carbs and wiggle/push down...they should slide on. Tighten the two clamps from the right side of the Vision.

Don't forget to install the front and rear cylinder head breather hoses to the underside of the airbox... ;)

8).......TIGER........ 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

I'm not sure what "joint Air CLNR" refers to.  Try this, using only the bottom half of air cleaner housing without the air filter. Make sure clamps that fit around carburetors are loose enough to not impede fitting them to the carbs. This is what is probably causing your trouble. Press down on one carb fitting then the other until it is down snug. Tighten the clamps holding airbox to carbs, reassemble filter, top half and hoses. If this doesn't help lets start over.   BDC

jono1798

The "Joint air clnr" was the part name I got off the bike bandit website. Tiger refers to them as "rubber stacks"

The picture in bike bandits website show the rubber stacks as being different as the ones I have. Herein probably lies my problem. The site won't let me purchase them of course. Is there anywhere else I could obtain them?
No man is rich enough to buy back the past.

Re-Vision

Carburetor boots is what  they're mostly called, I've probably got 7 or 8 air boxes with boots in them. Let me know exactly what you need and we'll work something out.   BDC