Previous topic - Next topic

akvision

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

Raj1988

What can i say...  I ran into some very unexpected expenditures... Stolen bicycle, U-haul Mishap (no insurance)....

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

vadasz1

For the UHAUL mishap, since I rent UHAUL trucks, I strongly recommend that taking their insurance is a very wise choice.  $15 sure sounds much cheaper now than it did before, I bet.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Raj1988

VOID due to overhead damages :). I always buy the insurance

vadasz1

I guess the balcony just decided to jump in your way as you were doing your move.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

kev10104

I second the Wow!Hope you can work it all out.

Raj1988

F@#$ it all ,..... ;D Just managed to score an old tent and a camp stove from a buddy who cant take them with him... I will make this ride back happen...i've thought long and hard and this bike and I are not ready to be parted

akvision

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

vadasz1

This road trip will be a good story for the grand kids.

kev10104

Raj1988

Hello All,

My last day of work was yesterday.. I have made so many new friends and met so many people this past summer it is quite amazing..

Over the summer i have tinkered around with the old girl quite a lot and have managed to set her up OK for the trip back. Tried some Shell Rotella gear oil and i somehow don't like it as much as i liked yamalube... !!!

Anyhow, I've been playing around a bit with the air box, filter, and whatnot... Tried the flapper which put crappy flat spot right at 115-120kmph which is my most comfortable cruising speed.

So i pulled the flapper off and while i was at it, I did the air-box Mod described by TreeDragon.. and boy, the difference is definitely something to write home about.. Sounds nicer, Quickened response and surprisingly got rid of most of my stumble(stock air-box with no flapper).

I found that my seat was getting packed in with all the riding i've been doing and so i decided i needed a sheepskin.. Well with a bit of a $ crunch, i made my own like this http://www.gadgetjq.com/sheepskin_cover.htm

Works like a charm and just took me 1 evening... Sold a few parts and still have  few more.. picked up a used stator off an ascot for 20$.

spare plugs as well since I've been running Seafoam thru  my engine.. and it never hurts to have spares. Also installed a nice L shaped fuel filter to replace my old one..pricey lil things those are.

Pulled and inspected my calipers and fixed what needed to be fixed. Reinstalled fat foam grips for the long ride back...

I hope to be rolling outta here come 6 am Tomorrow morning. It should be an absolute blast and i already have the pre trip Jitters  :D

Cheers all, For i am off

Cdnlouie

Safe journeys  :angel:...and enjoy the trip home ;D!  A magnificent adventure :laugh:, you're coming home a seasoned Vision rider with many stories to tell.

Tiger

:) A safe and pleasant journey home young man. See you when you get back home side... 8)

8).......TIGER...... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

Thnks Cdnloui and Tiger...

Bike is running flawlessly.. Getting about 200 per tank (before reserve) compared to the 160-170 on the way up..(TRee dragons mod for sure :) )

Bit frozen from the crappy rainy weather but otherwise in great spirits. We covered 760kms today, from calgary to Regina. We hope to do 1000 tomorrow to meet up with some friends in Grand Rapids...

One negative..
I dropped the bike at a gas pump today, fatigued and trying to prop it onto center stand. Fat blood blister and Scratched crash guard and gashed right side saddlebag  :'(  ...

Apart from that we are a happy couple or road romeos and we hope to be for a while still

Onward and downward (heading south into the US of A)

Suraj

Cdnlouie

Great progress! Do be careful with the fatigue issue  :o.  Stop and take some pictures at least every hour just to test the legs because they can go to sleep on you or you begin to lose your sense of balance (due to continuous motion adjustment).  You won't know it either until you ask your foot to go down and it doesn't work properly.  You must stop and reorient your body to normal walking functions, or you run the risk of what you just described.  Just because you don't feel anything wrong does not mean something is not wrong (if that makes any sense).  Keep your wits about you for these issues.

Drink lots of water!  Stop every half hour, take a drink...take a picture...just do something.

Raj1988

Arrived in a total of 4.5 days...

Brilliant stuff.. Updates to come

Tiger

:) An across Canada adventure that will have done you both a great deal of good. It certainly will have cleaned out the Vision motor (give her a well deserved oil/filter change) and expanded your rider experience.

Congratulations and welcome home to you and your Vision... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Cdnlouie

Way to go Raj!  You have graduated your Vision to "Touring" status which very few actually get to.  It is awesome to see Visions able to tour across the country and make it back home again.  You have also joined the "iron butt" club to boot...a crazy but unforgetable journey for sure.