News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Going Postal v2.0

Started by YellowJacket!, March 30, 2010, 03:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Ok, so ya meet all kinds of people at the post office.  Last year it was the girl that wanted me to take her for a ride, this year it was a woman who wanted to sell me a Harley.

I was waiting in line at the postal kiosk to mail some memory to Rick G and a lady walked up to me and asked me if the yellow bike out front was mine.  My first thougt was a panicked "oh shit it got knocked over" thought but was very releived when she asked me if I wanted to buy another motorcycle.  I asked her what she was selling and she goes into this story about buying a bike for her daughter then getting divorced and her daughter moving away with her dad.  She told me that its just been taking up space in her garage for the last couple years and she just wants to get rid of it.

So I asked her what it was and she said a "2006 Harley 1200xt".  Now I'm not sure about the "XT" but Harley,the year, 1200, and the price she was asking all fit well into one sentence and made my eyes bug out of my head.  She said it had only about 4000 miles on it and she was asking $2000.00 (yes, there is a zero intentionally left out of that price).  I told her there was no way I could afford to buy another bike (really hated to say that) and she said "well, if that is too much, I can do 1500.00.

So, my thought on this and not necessarily in this order were 1. castration, 2. stolen bike, 3. getting back at her "ex" 4. cougar, 5. cougar gonna rob me 6. somebody REALLY stupid (could be either me or her).

I have a really bad feeling I missed a big opportunity.

EDIT: OK, a quick google of Harley 1200XT tells me that it was a Sportster and I missed a really good deal....uggghhhh

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

naw, she must be mistaken, I think she meant you missed out on a Harley XR1200

:o

:o
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

fret not

Well, without actually seeing the bike you just don't know.  However, it could actually be what you think it is.  In this time of fnancial pressure on many folks it very well could be a real deal.  Money to be made for someone.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

inanecathode

Did this same lady offer to sell you speakers out of a white van?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

YellowJacket!

No, but she was driving a white Lexus.

David

Walt_M.

When did she say, 'April Fool'?
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Walt_M. on April 01, 2010, 05:46:33 AM

The sad thing is that she didn't.  It happened at the end of march before april fools day.  The Irony is that my wife and I talked about it again the other night and she actually said she wished I had bought it.  My response was "April Fools?!?!?" and she said No, you could have turned around and sold it for at least 5 times that.  I got her back by saying I'd sell YellowJacket and keep the Harley.
Think I'm gonna go hang out at the post office...

David

Lucky

What & have me lose all respect for you? ;)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

inanecathode

Quote from: YellowJacket! on April 02, 2010, 04:33:54 PM
Quote from: Walt_M. on April 01, 2010, 05:46:33 AM

The sad thing is that she didn't.  It happened at the end of march before april fools day.  The Irony is that my wife and I talked about it again the other night and she actually said she wished I had bought it.  My response was "April Fools?!?!?" and she said No, you could have turned around and sold it for at least 5 times that.  I got her back by saying I'd sell YellowJacket and keep the Harley.
Think I'm gonna go hang out at the post office...

David

"Think i'm gonna go hang out at the post office"

"Now i have to go hang out at the post office"

If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.