News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

'82 Carburetor Question

Started by joevacc, April 06, 2004, 11:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joevacc

Hi,

There is a set screw on each carburetor that is on the main body portion.  On the rear carburetor this screw is directly behind the idle knob.

The screw on the rear carburetor is backed out and the one on the front carburetor is not...

What is it for and how should it be set?

Thanks for the help,

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Lucky

That set screw holds the primary venturi in place, it should be tight. see if you can wiggle the venturi, it is the part thar runs accross the center of the carb throat, it has an open circle in the middle, and a brass tube in the center of that (main fuel feed)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

joevacc

Thanks Lucky!!!!!!!
I am going to tighten it now! Thanks thanks thanks.

JV

P.S.  We should get us east coast riders together...  Lunch is on me Lucky.  Like Sushi?
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Lucky

Oh my god are you kidding?? I love it! and I live in a household where no one else will touch it :( Fortunatly, I've recently begun the "South Beach" diet (J. Sable cand tell you why, lol) and the wife has allowed Sushi to be one of my "forgiven" treats. (really the diet's pretty good)

I'm not much of a long distance traveler, due to the lack of time in my life, etc, but we should try to get something organized.  Jason tried last year, and we pretty much crapped out on that one..

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I like tempura, I like teriaki, but I don't care for "bait"!  LOL
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike