accelerator pump diaphragm replacement?

Started by VK, April 24, 2010, 04:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VK

The inner layer of my accelerator pump diaphragm has numerous cracks and places where the rubber has delaminated.  Where can I get a replacement? (I have an 82 Vision.)

jim328

VK

Jim,  My local dealer had none in stock and the databases he checked indicated that there were none available that he could order.  Could you post contact information for your local dealer so that I could contact them directly to see if they might have another in stock?

jim328

I am in Christchurch, New Zealand.  My local dealer is http://www.trevorpiercemotorcycles.co.nz/. They didn't have any in stock but ordered one from Yamaha Japan for me. Took about 5 working days and cost approx $70.00NZ. I ordered it mid january this year.

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

VK

Thanks Jim and Tiger.  Think I will go ahead and try the Sirius carb kit as it comes with additional parts that I may be able to put to use at some point.  I do recall having seen reference to the Sirius carb kits but thought I had seen that they only were made for the 83's.  Guess I had misremembered that detail

Thanks again!  VK

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

VK

As a followup, I did install the kit suggested by Tiger and it worked great!

Tiger

Quote from: VK on June 17, 2010, 12:26:23 AM
As a followup, I did install the kit suggested by Tiger and it worked great!

8) SUPERB buddy... 8)