News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

bogg , idle of 4000?

Started by Hartless, April 29, 2010, 04:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

not really sure whats going on , i took off the yics and plugged the rear and it idles better , but boggs still. the yics box maybe?
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

kwells

plug them both until you can reseal your YICS.  There is a writeup somewhere on the site if you search some.  Also http://www.xz550.com/ has some great info if you haven't checked it out.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Hartless

i plugged them. but it still has the same problem....

Brian Moffet

You'll get a really serious bog at 4000 RPM if the carbs are not synchronized.  It's pretty easy to do and worth the time.

Brian

YellowJacket!

Does your airbox have the vacuum activated flapper (updated airbox) or the older spring activated flapper? ...or any flapper?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Ron_McCoy

Check for vacuum leaks, especially around the intake boots and under them.

Hartless

no vacuum leaks , and honestly , i dont know what your talking about when you say flapper. the flap that blocks air or allows it?

Rikugun

I saw in another post where someone mentioned Berrymans carb dip. Has anyone tried the Yamaha carb cleaner dip? I tried it for the first time with my Vision and got decent results. Overnight didn't produce satisfactory results but after several days they were quite clean. It's in no condition to ride so I can't comment on performance under load. But on the bench after an initial mixture adjustment and sync, it idled very smoothly and accepted throttle without bogging.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

jim328

I used the Yamaha Carb Dip, found it worked really well but took about 48 hours. You definitely have to strip the carbs completely though.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Hartless on April 29, 2010, 02:44:16 PM
no vacuum leaks , and honestly , i dont know what your talking about when you say flapper. the flap that blocks air or allows it?

Yes, there is a plastic flapper in the intake of the top part of the airbox.  Original ones came with a spring that put tension on the flapper to allow it to open and close at what was supposed to be the right time.  Yamaha issued a mid year update that involved an update to the front carb, some jetting changes and a new top to the air box that included a vacuum actuated flapper.

Hope that helps.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Hartless

hmmm. i dont know, but i used barrymans on my carbs and it was running good, but now , the idle is fine , but when i give it gas , acceleration is sporadic .tci maybe? it just seems like its one thing after the other :(

musicweb

1982 XZ550 Vision
Most upgrades done... and a large pizza paint job!