News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

front fairing

Started by Hartless, May 02, 2010, 04:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

riflesports ok , im looking for more of a full fairing
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

funkamongus

as you can see, I lack some stuff, in terms of a "full upgrade" in some arena's. I cant say one way or the other, as I have no experience with it. It seems to lack, 83 handlebar risers, and footpegs, and the mid point for the oil extension, the cap that is a "through" for it, and,, hmmm, Im not sure if there is more missing. Mirrors are 7 out of 10, in my humble view, and, as you can see, she needs massaging and paint... the price of 150 plus shipping for the shooting match, quoted, is something that can, also, be massaged. The time frame, however, is mid next week, and cannot be massaged.
I own:

funkamongus

(mid point and cap almost sound like 2 things,, its the same thing.)
I own:

funkamongus

PS I stress the time frame, because I do not have paypal. Its about a postal money order, this time. I'd go 200 shipped. Might be as much as I paid, 70, to get it to you, maybe even more. That was from denver to here, South Lake Tahoe. 
I own:

funkamongus

and..... like a fart in a hurricane, whoooooooooosh, its gone.
I own:

Mutt

Quote from: QBS on May 04, 2010, 12:24:22 AM
I'm sure there are some who'll disagree.  Oh well.  IMHO the shorter risers, while not absolutely critical to the installation of the fairing, are critical to its overall proper function.  The foot peg location is a similar situation.

Yamaha designed the fairing kit as a holistic unit to give more sport like ergonomics to any V it was installed on.  Some kit bits can be deleted, but then the overall objective is defeated. 

Your absolutely right. I found out the hard way. Installed the fairing and left the old standard risers on. First time you make that left turn, watch your right hand and make sure your brake lever doesn't get pushed in!
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Mutt

Oh yea.. and also in case no one has mentioned it yet (quite possibly have) the windshield for the original fairing is still available new. Lucky sent me the link a while back. If you need it I probably could find it or I'm sure Lucky has it.
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Hartless

HI Adam,

Thank you emailing us here at Hannigan Fairing Company.  We can build a fairing for your Yamaha Vision.  Due to financial turmoil in the mid 1980's the welding jig for building the Vision's fairing mount was scrapped along with about 60 others welding jigs.  In order to build a complete Hannigan Fairing System for your Vision I need  either an original Hannigan fairing mount for a Vision, which is really rare, or a much more common Vetter Windjammer fairing mount for a Vision.  If you or if any of the other Vision owners you can contact can loan us this mount we can build the tooling from it to weld up a Hannigan Fairing mount for your Vision.  The mount you send us will not be harmed and can be put back on a bike after we are return it to its owner. 

I have attached the Vision photo we have which shows our Hannigan SS model fairing with Hannigan Slim-Line Lowers, which give you the best weather protection we offer.  The SS fairing works just fine without lowers coming down about six inches below the rider's knees.  Or you can use our Mid-Lowers which come down to the top of the rider's boot for some additional weather protection.  Also attached are photos of other motorcycles with our Hannigan  SS and ST Fairing Systems.   

All Hannigan Fairing Systems can be had with our Tour-Shield windshield system.  We tailor the Tour- Shield to the way you sit on your Vision so you get a calm, earplug free ride.  Or you can have the Hannigan Sport-Shield for a low, sleek look.  You can switch back and forth between sleek and touring with a power screwdriver in about six minutes depending on the season and the amount of wind protection you want. 

I have attached below our Rider's Features Sheet which has all the details about our several fairing models and which best matches the kind of riding you do and the amount of weather and wind protection you want. 

Hannigan Fairing has been crafting efficient and comfortable weather protection for riders for over 35 years.  We would like to be your fairing builder too.  Reserve your Hannigan Fairing delivery position with Discover, Visa or MasterCard by calling 800-324-7660.  Please allow us seven weeks from order to delivery to construct your Hannigan Fairing

Best regards and good riding to you, 

Jerry Heil
Manager
Hannigan Fairingâ Company
112 S. Elm St.
Paris, AR 72855

800-324-7660, 479-963-4603
fax 479-963-9218
Hannigan@centurytel.com
HanniganMotorcycleFairings.com   

funkamongus

I own:

Hartless

thatd for anyone that cares. i have no bracket so.... funk.... i never gotanu pics!

funkamongus

I posted em!! Its gone now, shipping it out tomorrow. He found it looking at the link I set up for you!! Hell, I thought it WAS you!!  Until just now, anyway.
I own:

Hartless

haha oh well. i should have  gotten back to you  sooner. good to see someone picked it up. and i wish you  well with your  new  job

funkamongus

Aw Hartless my ass!! youre a good guy! Thanks Buddy!!!
I own: