News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

#16 sputtering during full throttle

Started by Spunner, May 17, 2010, 01:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spunner

Peeps...#16 is doing some major sputtering and farting/hesitating when you give her gas in the higher gears.
Help ???
My head hurts

kev10104

Have you run some carb cleaner through her?

Hartless

and make sure your carbon boots are not starting to crack likewise with the vacum lines. i have a small small leak in one of the lines going to my yics and it does the same thing. got a new line for but I'm lazy haha
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Spunner

OK now it's not doing it......but I will check things and run some carb cleaner....weekend job!
My head hurts

Hartless

well maybe it was bad gas or something . forgot about that. buuuut usually its not that simple lol. i think there was a post from lucky  (at least i think it was lucky)on here from a while ago where the same kinda thing happened but the bike died merging in to traffic. then it didn't do it again for a while but then it happened pulling in front of a car.... scary lol

jasonm.

if it bucks like the ignition seems to be turning on and off.... It's actually running too rich. The flapper ain't playing niice and opening prroperly or the starter plungers are leaking. Causing richness too.If it's just a hesitation for enough to slow you down, then gets up and goes...it's lean from an accel pump nozzle clogged.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Lucky

That was Dave

Quote from: Hartless on May 18, 2010, 04:30:00 PM
well maybe it was bad gas or something . forgot about that. buuuut usually its not that simple lol. i think there was a post from lucky  (at least i think it was lucky)on here from a while ago where the same kinda thing happened but the bike died merging in to traffic. then it didn't do it again for a while but then it happened pulling in front of a car.... scary lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Hartless

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black