News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Front Light

Started by Agonoize, July 13, 2010, 04:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agonoize

So the guy before me had some special fairing made that just covers the front light area.  While it looks nice it points the light down towards the ground to much to see well at night.  There is no way to adjust this.  It came with no original parts though I did see I can buy the headlight Bucket for $20 on ebay.  My question is how does the original headlight once I have the bucket for it connect to the bike? Are there brackets?  Something I need to search ebay for?

h2olawyer

You can find a parts fiche at the Yamaha Motor site.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

Product Line:  Motorcycle
Year: 1982
Model: XZ550RJ

Click on the "Steering" link in the left box.  Diagram and part# list will appear.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

basically, all you need is #13, wire bracket, #14, headlight stay, and #s 15, rubber dampers that jam into the bottom of the top triple...

if no one else can source these for you, I probably can.... I'm just unable to verify I have everything until late next week...

make sure the bucket (in liknk below) you get is complete, or you'll go through this again..... ie #'s 13-17, 18-20 is just normal hardware

http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partimage.aspx?ls=sport&c=4,168891,172809&i=144210,2
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Agonoize

great, thanks for the info.

Rick G

I have most of what you need , PM me.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike