News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

XZ550 and XZ400 resources

Started by The Prophet of Doom, July 10, 2010, 01:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Added a brief writeup from last month's practical sportsbikes - Maarten Poodt's rather lovely vision racer.  Certainly inspiration for anyone into modding their bike, and proof that it is indeed possible to complete a Vision project.  Found over on one of the Facebook XZ550 groups

Maarten Poodt - Practical Sportsbikes 2019

fret not

POD, You need to change a letter in the link.  As it is it just links back to the same page where you put the link.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: fret not on September 07, 2019, 09:27:36 PM
POD, You need to change a letter in the link.  As it is it just links back to the same page where you put the link.
Fret, it seems to be working for me.  If you press that link it should download the file and if you are you are using Chrome it will show at the bottom of the screen, and you'll see it in your downloads folder.
Could you please have another look and let me know.  Can't have dodgy links

Walt_M.

Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

It still comes back to the page showing the link.  The link shows "maaten poodt"  should it be 'maarten' instead of maaten?  I will try a search. 

Yep, found Maarten Poodt on Google.  He has a liking for old board track style bikes too.

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: fret not on September 08, 2019, 05:09:32 PM
It still comes back to the page showing the link.  The link shows "maaten poodt"  should it be 'maarten' instead of maaten?  I will try a search. 
It's supposed to come back to the same page, but at the bottom of the window you should see the PDF has been downloaded onto your computer and should be sitting happily in your downloads folder, or if you are on IE/Edge it should ask you what you want to do with the file.
It used to just display the page but there were a few people on odd-ball computer systems where the PDFs didn't display properly.
PM me if it doesn't work with some details about you computer OS and browser and I'll see if I can sort you out.

Thanks for the comment about spelling, I've fixed that

fret not

Well it must be something with my computer or the way I operate it because the link works for Walt.  It just returns to the original page with the link. 

With a quick search I got to see Mr. Poodt's bikes on YOUTUBE.

The Prophet of Doom

If Maarten Poodt's Vision racer wasn't your thing, perhaps you'd be happier with this Mad Maxified V from the UK.  Scans found on facebook

Desert Rat - Bike Jun 1990

fret not

I guess it must be my computer because this link does the same thing, just returns to the page with the link.  I have a sinking suspicion my digital time may be close to evaporating.

The Prophet of Doom

Fret,
This has been tested on multiple PC and Mac systems.  Not sure what will happen if you are on unix /linux systems or on a cell phone.

The link should return to the same page, and the file appear at the bottom, like the pic below.
If it doesn't show there, it should be in your Downloads folder.

If neither of these work let me know what type of computer/browser you are running and I'll check it out, otherwise I am happy to email to you directly, let me know.
No need for you to miss out

fret not

Yeah, I don't see that on my computer.  I hope for everyone else's sake it is just my computer or me.  Just yesterday my e-mail (gmail) locked up.  Working again today.  Just another bit of frustration on the digital highway.

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: fret not on July 18, 2020, 08:11:24 PM
Yeah, I don't see that on my computer.  I hope for everyone else's sake it is just my computer or me.  Just yesterday my e-mail (gmail) locked up.  Working again today.  Just another bit of frustration on the digital highway.
On a Mac, By default files downloaded go into the DOWNLOADS folder.  You can see this in Finder  See Pic1

If the default has been changed you can see what folder is the new default in General Settings See Pic 2

Failing that, in Safari click the Show Downloads button near the top-right corner of the web browser window. If there are no downloads, the button won't appear.

Good luck
Beyond that I'm a bit stuck.  These are just PDF files, I can email you any you want...

The Prophet of Doom

I know you are all just gagging to read another XZ550 review.  Re-posted from Adrian Budd over on Facebook.
Clearly the "journalist" started his career writing for "The Sun"

Oh Dear Its Yamahas XZ550 Again