News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

XZ550 and XZ400 resources

Started by The Prophet of Doom, July 10, 2010, 01:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

when I click the link to For Visions Only.. I get the XZ400 brochure
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

supervision

Thanks again, I will read the rest of those newsletters .
" border="0

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Night Vision on March 15, 2013, 08:49:04 AM
when I click the link to For Visions Only.. I get the XZ400 brochure
Woops - cut and paste error.  Fixed now.
Thanks NV

The Prophet of Doom

The Prophet of Doom

Added 20 foreign language reviews.  Mostly German.
If you can't read the words, you might like to see the pretty pictures.

Rick G

I might be able to get it on my Windoze 7 laptop, but my main computer  runs Bodhi Linix  and Firefox, so I'm getting nothing.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Rick G on April 20, 2013, 11:41:47 PM
I might be able to get it on my Windoze 7 laptop, but my main computer  runs Bodhi Linix  and Firefox, so I'm getting nothing.
Rick each one is just a google drive link so it should work OK on Firefox.
When you say you are getting nothing - what exactly do you mean?

Rikugun

Some of the links give me trouble as Google doesn't seem to like my version of Explorer... :(
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

OK,
I've changed the links so that they don't use the Google Page browser, but they push the document straight to you as a download.  It works on Mac/Chrome, Win7/IE9, but I don't really have any way of checking pre-historic versions of software, or Linux/FFox

Please let me know if it works - if it still gives dodgy results I'll move the files off Google and on to my own web server

Rikugun

Cool, thanks Roro! I'm gonna look at some later to see how it works.   :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Rikugun

I've had a chance to explore some of these links which all seem to work flawlessly for me now. There really is a wealth of interesting and usefull articles, manuals, reviews, ads etc. in there. A rich and thorough library of resources that further adds to the Vision ownership experience. Thank you Roro.  :)

The Prophet of Doom

Just added a brochure for the Japanese variant of the vision - the XZ550D.  See the first post in this thread.
The 550D has a rather special colour scheme if you haven't seen it before. 

treedragon

Mine WAS a 550D

Now it's just another "What the hell is it??"  hehe ;D  ;D  ;D

There is always a way

The Prophet of Doom

Just added a scan of the Garage Poster that came with some copies of the XZ550 Haynes Workshop manual.  See the first post in this thread - under Service Manuals

A fairly poor original sorry - I think that smear in the middle is blood and I had to scan it in pieces and stitch it.

I printed this out as A3 and it looks cool on the garage wall together with the colour wiring diagram also in A3.  One day I'll get them laminated perhaps.

Rikugun

Thanks for the upload although I'm a bit concerned about the blood  :o Is this an indictment on Vision maintenance difficulty or did you have to kill someone for the poster!?  ;)

Rick G

POD , I tried again and this time it worked! I may have been holding my mouth wrong! LOL
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

The Prophet of Doom

@Rick, I changed the way it sent the files so it would be compatible with your Linux / Firefox system.

You probably have the old CD that was being sold, but there's a huge amount of stuff here that was never on the CD - worth having a bit of a browse.  Let me know of any links that don't work and I'll fix them right up.

@Rikugun, The poster came with the blood already on it.  I don't know about you but I've donated at least a pint of blood and a couple of fingernails to my vision quest.  Less now that I have some decent spanners that don't round off and scrape my knuckles off.

The Prophet of Doom

I've had a couple more requests for all these manuals, brochures etc on a DVD.  Seems some people have troubles downloading such a large amount of data what with data charges and volume caps etc.

I'll send a DVD out free to anyone who wants it, and even cover the cost of the DVD - all I ask is that you pay postage.

Rikugun

A generous offer of your time and resources. Two thumbs up.

The Prophet of Doom

Just added a scan of the Tarozzi Fork Brace installation instructions.  You will find it on post #1 of this thread