Vision Vs GoldWing

Started by Agonoize, July 30, 2010, 09:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

I agree, he rode exactly where he was looking. Moral of the story, when in a tough spot rather than panic try and make the turn. You never know, you might just make it!

I forgot to mention my favorite part of the Gold Wing video: you can hear metal scraping (floorboards?) around nearly every turn. Cool! :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

h2olawyer

A good friend of mine had a Venture for several years.  He wore out lots of low down hard parts.  You could see sparks on many turns!  Never went down and always grinned about all the scraping.  One of his jobs is a motorcycle safety instructor.  He could do the figure 8s in the tight box (used in the experienced class) with the Venture.  Unfortunately, the bike finally just wore out - it was a 93 with over 200,000 miles on it.  Was truly amazing to watch him ride that bike fast in the twisties.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.