News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Headlamp Wires

Started by Glyn Pickering, March 06, 2004, 11:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyn Pickering

Just putting the cycle parts on my vision back together
and have noted what a dodgey design the exit of the wires from the headlamp is. There is no waterproof cover to stop the weather entering or to prevent wires chaffing. Has any one had problems with this? Has anyone  improved the design with some type of rubber sleeving or grommet?

Cheers

Glyn 8)

Rupert

I guess that water won't easily splash up into the enclosure behind the headlamp due to the position of the holes etc.

As for the chafing concern, there should be the simple black plastic sleeving over the wires, or maybe black tape, a good amount of the latter should do the trick anyhow.

Ah, there's that bolt for the bike from last month's tinkering.
Now where could it go?

kiawrench

glyn,
  an inner tube from a bicycle tire is your best friend, i used two three inch long sections to provide the extra protection to my headlight bucket wire mess . just cut the sections off the tube, cut open and wrap around the wires, securing the tubes with electrical tape .
  the tire tube also works wonders on carb base tubes ,just pull section over the tops , remount carbs. just like new , .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .