Rear footpeg idea - from Ninja 250

Started by Mike Jacobs, September 21, 2010, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Jacobs

My 1982 XZ550RJ - US Vision came to me without passenger footpegs installed.  I bought a cheap set of generic rear footpegs off Ebay but they were made for a more 60's type of frame, not the angled alloy mount that also serves as a muffler support bracket on the Visions.

Then I took a look at my little Kawasaki Ninja 250.   All-metal passenger pegs, lightweight, folding, with an angled mount at virtually the same angle as the bracket cutout on the Vision.   Popped 'em on, and Voila!!   They look like they were made for the bike.   IMO they give it a more modern sport-bikey air than the rubber-covered rear pegs that came standard.   And a replacement used set (for the ones I took off of the Ninja, natch) was readily and cheaply available on Ebay.

Just a hint for anyone with a similar dilemma.  ;D
Mike Jacobs
Columbia, MD
1985 Honda VF700S Sabre
1984 Moto Guzzi V65SP
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision US
1978 Suzuki GS550 standard
1996 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja

Rikugun

That's a good tip.  :)  A while back there was a discussion about rider peg substitutions. I think someone was using V-Max (?) rider pegs which sounded pretty cool.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan