News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

In-Line fuel filters...

Started by Tiger, October 05, 2010, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) I bought a pack of these a wee while back to try...and they worked out O.K... 8)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/5-fuel-filters-1-4-inline-clear-reusable-ice-auger-/250702882506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f0e66ca

...If you do not have an in-line fuel filter installed between your Vision's petcock and carbs, you are, at some point, going to need your carbs cleaned/recleaned!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Kevin

I agree Tiger, I have been using the 90 degree type. They fit in a smaller space.

pat sullivan

Tiger

:) I've used the 90 degree filters in the past and they are much 'tidier' units. However, I couldn't find any when I needed some, so bought the straight ones...which require 8" or so of extra 'looped' fuel line on installation  ;)

There are a variety of in-line fuel filters out there...straight, 90 degree, plastic, glass, chrome, etc, etc...Which ever you choose...install and use!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Mike Jacobs

Quote from: Tiger on October 06, 2010, 06:50:18 AM
:) I've used the 90 degree filters in the past and they are much 'tidier' units. However, I couldn't find any when I needed some, so bought the straight ones...which require 8" or so of extra 'looped' fuel line on installation  ;)

There are a variety of in-line fuel filters out there...straight, 90 degree, plastic, glass, chrome, etc, etc...Which ever you choose...install and use!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Great reminder, Tiger.   You're a hero to us.   :angel:

Upon reading your post I immediately ran over to Ebay and bought a set of 5 (one for each of my bikes, how convenient) and finally got to use my EbaY Bucks from last month's purchases!   ;D

An ounce of prevention is better than hours of elbow grease as a cure, wot?   ;)
Mike Jacobs
Columbia, MD
1985 Honda VF700S Sabre
1984 Moto Guzzi V65SP
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision US
1978 Suzuki GS550 standard
1996 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja