News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Anyone try a different Regulator/Rectifier to help reduce stator failures?

Started by davexz, December 12, 2010, 11:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Here is the link to the compufire unit that is being used on 3-phase systems like ours:

http://www.usmotoman.com/product/vol...ystem/-1_17037

Number: CF55402
Manufacturer: Compu-FireĀ­
Weight: 1.50 pound(s)
In Stock: 1 
List Price: $203.99
Our Price: $173.39
You Save: $30.60 (15%)

supervision

" border="0

kev10104

I was surprised to hear the Aprilla fries stators worse then the vision.We know of someone who traded his Harley for an Aprilla.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Lucky on January 30, 2011, 07:56:05 AM
Quoteand it's toasted stator is now in an oil bath.

does that mean you have the toasted stator sitting in a pan of oil, or are you somehow dousing the running stator in oil (with a Venture crank bolt, or similar)?

Lucky,
              I mentioned it before but I didn't have as small a drill as you used, about 50% larger diameter, so I made my orifice 50% longer.
(The flywheel bolt orifice)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Coil

Lucky

ok, i see.  That wasn't me, that was Jason. i think he put the OEM bolt back in though...  worried about a possable loss of oil pressure if i remember correctly.  i wouldn't do it for the same fear...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

treedragon

I would use a standard bolt also. Here in NZ XZ 400's had a reputation for blowing big ends. The problem was tracked down to a small extra oil feed hole (the 550's don't have them and it was likely a design boo boo) that meant not enough oil............

I have just fitted a Shindengen Regulator off a Ducati. I notice with this one the voltage doesn't vary with the rev's.
My current stator is a secondhand unit out of a TransAlp, done a few thou, looking evenly black but not charcoaled, so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.