News:

Main Menu

POR /KREEM

Started by coyote_killer, December 20, 2010, 12:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote_killer

I put kreem in my tank back in 95 and I done a thorough job of the application.  it is still holding up perfectly even after using octane boosters.  Should I put a coat of Por 15 over it just to be safe as I plan on using a more potent octane booster?  I have boosted the compression to 12 or 13/1 so octane booster is required.
Tim

81 ATC250R
82 XZ550
85 YZ490
08 LT-Z750

Raj1988

no
por will only bind to a prepped metal surface... if you want to POR-15 ,you MUST strip the Kreem
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

coyote_killer

Any advice on some other coating?
Tim

81 ATC250R
82 XZ550
85 YZ490
08 LT-Z750

Lucky

Quote from: Hartless on December 21, 2010, 07:33:05 PM
re do it. even if it does work, your losing volume in your tank

?? huh? you couldn't use up all the fuel in the tank, you'll run out with fuel still in the tank anyway, so a couple of hundredths of an inch of any kind of liner is going to make any difference pretty much imperceptible..

there are a few here who have filled in the corners simply to eliminate the low spots for water collection.  unless your anal about tracking fuel milage, your never going to notice any difference with some sort of thicker coating...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

what does that have to do with you thinking a thicker coating is going to give you any noticable difference in volume?  it's not, & I wish you'd just stop saying things like that, your going to confuse the newbies with totaly nonsensical facts...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

coyote_killer

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of chemicals that will attack the Kreem?
Tim

81 ATC250R
82 XZ550
85 YZ490
08 LT-Z750

Hartless

oh jeez. sorry. i didn't mean to offend anyone. i was just putting in my two cents about the situation. and the only reason i am is because I'm going through the same situation.

coyote, as i have been researching intensely for the past week all i can find is : acetone and bolts and sloshing it around for a long time as suggested by Raj
or a chemical called MEK (methyl  Ethyl  Ketone) which is a solvent which is part of the kit that comes with kreem. and then you can take it to a radiator shop and they can burn it off for you which from what i have found is the most expensive approach..i have also read that you can hot tank the tank, but upon going to do that myself i was told by the folks at the local radiator shop that it will not remove it. so far that's all i have found . but then again apparently i don't know anything ;)
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"