News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

What is my bikes COLOR CODE ?!

Started by djbushman, January 28, 2004, 11:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djbushman

Hello,

I have a Late '82 Yamaha XZ550 Vision with the rare "Shark" type fairing.  

I NEED the COLOR CODE my bike's paint, as I am going to re-paint a new fairing I got recently.

The color is a Dark-Metallic-Grey. (With the slightest look of blue in it......)

Here is a picture:

http://www.xpertcomputerservices.com/Late82Fairing.jpg

(The picture & light bring the blue out more than usual, but believe me.....it is more metallic-gray than anything else)

Also,

(((Does anyone have any tips or ideas about painting the fairing myself  I can buy the necessary sprayer (which one would I get even, a big automotive one or a smaller detail sprayer?)  Basically, I'd like to do it myself, but need to know some of the basics, pros/cons, instructions, etc....)))

Also, does anyone know the best place to get a small jug of this paint?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, thanks!!

-Derek.

kiawrench

i think you have an aftermarket paint job going on there: visions were produced with white,yamaha black,brilliant red or star silver, other colors were offered, but were local paint jobs ,,,,,,,,dk silver metalic with blue under tone,, easy ,,
 ?take right or left seat trim section off of bike, ,carry down to local auto  paint dealer, ?they can sample, color match mix ,thin and can enough for you to paint whole bike in about 3 minutes,,  
 ? ? your local speed shop or bike shop can get you the right colormatch ,
one quick note,, the dk silver metalic is 3 paint levels , the blue undertone is a base coat, then silver metalic over that and finally the clear coat .
 If you dont paint sheet metal daily, may be better off paying for that job . i ruined a lot of paint until i learned how to do a three step paint job -- so much that i know how , but pay someone else to do the work .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .