News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

no 82 carb kits.....

Started by vadasz1, January 31, 2011, 04:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

Just got an email from Sirius, that the 82 carb kits won't be in stock for another 8-10 weeks.  So looks like my carbs won't be done until the riding season actually does start.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Raj1988

WhAT?? cecil cant help?

i have a box of jets that AK sent me... which ones do ya need
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

vadasz1

I don't know what jets I will need until Cecil gets my carbs and takes them to the cleaners (HAHA).  He said he can only get to doing ANY carbs in begining of March only!  :(

I'll let you know if I will need any of your jets.

Thanks in advance Raj.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Cdnlouie

Don't worry about the kits fellows...I've got several in inventory  ;). I always get ready for the mad spring rush  :o. Someone's always looking after you badboys  :angel:.

I'd say the OnRov is about as spoiled as you can get as a Vision owner.  Geez...you guys practically get room service between Tiger & me  ::).

So keep your knickers from getting in a knot!

Tiger

:) ring, ring, "hello room service advice desk here".......Ah, Mr vadasz1, as you live around the corner from CdnLou and the roads will not be ready for bikes for another 6 - 8 weeks, why don't you remove your carbs and drop them off now. That way he can get them done at some point for you. They won't get done were they are mate... ::) ;)

8) .......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

We are quite lucky and Cecil never lets us forget it!  :angel:

I've still gotta drop off your christmas gift Cdnlouie .. Are you around this weekend!
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

vadasz1

I know I have to take them off, but working night shift and arriving home at 10AM tires as a dog doesn't really inspire me to pull the stuff out from around the bike and get'er done.

But I will get to her in the next couple of weeks as I think it should warm up to around freezing temps by then.

Oh, Cecil, I will definately need 2 kits reserved and possibly a second kit for my spare carbs once I dig them out of the shed.

Cdnlouie

Gifts  ???...now you're scaring me. I am around with the exception of running erands on Saturday.  Sunday is questionable.  Call me on my cell to firm up my whereabouts.

Fellows don't worry too much about the kits as the aging rubber parts are the most important and I have lots of those pieces available new, and especially the new butterfly seals for the throttle shafts.  My Christmas gift this year was nice bag of carb bits so we have lots of new stuff to put in the carb rebuilds going forward.

Lucky

I thought those throttle shaft seals were unobtanium!!  where did you get them?  i ended up parting out a set of 83 carbs because the seals were shot...  i would love to get my hands on 6-12 sets...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Cdnlouie

You have not because you ask not...give me a shout and I can take care of you.  Blame Tiger for forcing me to find these because he has relentlessly demanded I supply his neverending stream of Vision rebuilds.

I intend to order in a bunch (popular item this year) as that should save some shipping costs and can get them out to you in a regular envelope.  This rounds out our carburetor kits very nicely.  Too bad they hadn't figured out to do that themselves, but when I set the 82 kit up with Martin (way back when) he said he just ordered them as needed from the same supplier I used.

Lucky

I looked & looked, never had any luck.  let me know when your ready.  Thanks

Cdnlouie

Will do...rattle my cage if I fall off the radar.

pullshocks

Whats this about 83 throttle shaft seals being available?  Where?  I would like to have some of those on hand

Lucky

Yep, i think you need to fess up Louie :>  who's your source?

Cdnlouie

Info on these is on one of my old posts:

http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=6017.msg52597;topicseen#msg52597

or go to www.motorcyclecarbs.com, they have been available at least from 2007 when I mentioned them on our site.

I just ordered several sets so if anyone wants a set let me know and I can ship it to you.  Unfortunately, they get you on the shipping which almost doubles the cost.

If you need new throttle plate screws I can get them too. If anyone has a specific list of carb goodies that you need...jets, o-rings, etc. let me know and I can most likely put a care package together for you.  I've been collecting carb stuff for several years now and found some local suppliers.

Cheers  ;)