News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Pics of Gary Wolf exhaust posted

Started by Lucky, January 18, 2004, 09:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

here: http://www.xz550.com/wolf.html
This is the same pics from the auction, but it'll give you an Idea.
Kenny mentioned in the other post that he has this exhaust (didn't mention if it was on the bike or not)  If it is on the bike, poss we could see a pic or two?

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

rick_nowak

nice pics!  this looks to be a really well designed system from a gas-flow and tube sizing perspective.  if it is reasonably affordable it does not make sense to build one's own.  the only concern i have is that it probably is a little too loud due to the limited volume of the muffler.  that is the one thing that i would change.  perhaps it could be offered with two silencer choices.
enjoy your day

Henri

I have a pic he sent me of it on his bike.  Too bad the auction ended early.  Anybody know what happened?  I've tried to contact him.  Want to see the pic?

RobTx

Still seems to be up for bid right now, Monday, Jan. 20th, 9pm central time.  15hrs to go. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=35596&item=2454209291

Lucky

Henri, i do want to see the pic, in fact, i'd like to post it on my page.  I asked him if he had a pic of the system on the bike, as well as inside (the baffle) but he never replied

Lucky

still hasn't hit reserve at $260 something.. I sure hope that is a lot more than he payed....

Got a note from Kenny, he's going to drop off his original G Wolf exhaust to Gary later this month. Cross your fingers..

BTW, GO PATS!!

Blake

wow..  as of 12:14am EST..

242.50 US...

Man..i hope a new one isnt much more...than that (hopefully less)

blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Humber

Guys.. this sounds so pathetic..... I would never pay 250 bucks for this shit...... nothing to be excited about....
nie ma podpis?w

VeeMan

Nothing to be excited about...?
When you have no options to replace a stock or even aftermarket system that is less than optimal you have to consider what is available on the market???  I've been watching this thread and the auction on the Wolf exh., this sounds like a cheap fix compared to what it might cost with todays materials and shop time. For example, take a look at these prices for current models:

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/wolf_exhaust.htm

FWIW, I don't consider this pathetic in perpuating the life a vision or the enjoyment I get from riding one.  I for one will be watching the auction!!!!

Late

VeeMan

And Humber,

Shut up for once in your arrogant life. Please?

Do you ever get tired of yourself?

VeeMan

h2olawyer

Whoa - Marquis of Queensbury Rules at all times!

I know it may be difficult sometimes, but if anyone has something negative to say about somebody else, please spare the rest of us and either keep it to yourself or send an individual message.  Part of the enjoyment of this site is the general good tone and willingness to help everyone normally exhibits.  Criticism of ideas or opinions is great but taking personal shots should be discouraged.

Just felt the need to vent in public a bit before things get out of hand. ;)

I agree that any solutions to keep these fine machines from the scrap heap are worth examining.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

VeeMan

A thousand apologies to the board.

I just don't feel it's necessary to interject harsh opinions in a venue where we're all here to benefit from information shared. Frankly, I don't see where anyone could have benefitted from Humbers comments/OPINION. There always seems to be one "less than socially acceptable" person in the mix that continues to push and push and push the boundaries of responsible behavior.  As I've watched and read this board for some time, it's clear that H. has engaged in un-cool comments/behaviors before; I just felt like calling him on it.

Again, I apologize to the board if my comments were out of line. But know that if I wish to make a comment about ideas or techniques or products, I will at least try to back it up with some hard evidence and/or facts that support my claim.  By just stating that someone or something is "shit" or if we have an opportunity to obtain a part for our bikes that is difficult to get, I don't need someone to tell ME that what interests ME is "pathetic".  I also don't think that wolf, who by the way might make us an new muffler, wouldn't much appreciate the member of this board calling his hard work and know-how, "shit".  This is mine as well as every other member's opportunity to maybe get a quality muffler made for our bikes and I don't need someone to blow it because of thier uneducated and unsupported opinion in this public forum.

Respectfully,
VeeMan

Humber

whoaaa, I like it... by the way.. have u had any contact with Mr Humber???

Or maybe your name is PER HOLM??? ;D ;D
nie ma podpis?w

Kenny

Hi all,
     Sorry I haven't replied earlier but I have been overseas on a flt tasking.
    I purchased a 83 about three years ago which had Gary Wolf's  "Wolf Exhaust" on it, I did not run the bike as the stator plug was melted. I had heard it run with the pipe on it before I purchased it and it was a bit loud ,as the bike had a exh. leak and after I took the can apart I found the insulation all gone.
   I have no photos of the bike with the exhaust, but I have all of the all the parts painted a bright yellow and will be reassembling it soon.
    I spoke with Gary on the phone a few days ago and we will take the system down to his shop on the 28th of Jan.
    I will give you an idea of the price... ect when we return home on the 1st of Feb.
                Cheers Ken S  
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92