News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

82 carb kit

Started by JohnAMcG, March 29, 2011, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnAMcG

So I got a carb kit from motorcyclecarbs dot com.  I really need the accel pump diaphragm, anyone know if its in this kit?  Also am gonna need a fuel pump kit, as mine is leaking.  I only bought one kit to see what it comes with, as I couldn't find any other options. 
-JM

QBS

Accel pump diaphram aquisition might be problematic.  Fuel pump kit not so much. I rebuilt mine from a kit approx 6 years ago. Can't recall name of source.

Rikugun

[quoteSo I got a carb kit from motorcyclecarbs dot com. ][/quote]

They are in stock? How much are they getting for them?

Here's what's included with the Keyster kit for '83's:
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

JohnAMcG

Yeah, I only bought one, says its in stock, they haven't informed me otherwise yet.  Seems silly to only have one kit that included accel pump diaphragm, so if I get two, ill have two diaphragms and the jets will be wrong for one cylinder.  They should put a two carb kit together with one diaphragm and proper jets for each cylinder.  About 80 bucks with shipping so same as everywhere else that I've seen.
-JM

Rikugun

That seems high to me. I think they go for $59 at SCI and I paid $41.50 at Speed & Sport. Both those sources are out of stock though. I guess I'll have to wait for the next radioactive shipment from Japan.  :o

Actually, I bought the last two sets from Speed and Sport but they turned out to be 83 kits in boxes marked 82.  :(  Be sure and check yours as I understand Keyster had quite a few of the mis-marked carb kits and pump kits!
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Cdnlouie

Just FYI gents...I did a comparison of the 82 & 83 acclerator pump diaphragms and I do believe (not actually confirmed yet) that the 83 can be used on the 82.  Not the other way around, but the 83 has the same 4 bolt holes as the 82 and would only require a simple rubber trimming (or just leave it on) to work.  So if you can't get an 82 carb kit for the diaphragm you may well be able to use the 83.

I may actually trim one up and try it in the near future, but I don't see why it won't work.  The 83 has a bit larger diaphragm but it copies the 82 in the core pump zone and adds a bit more rubber around it.

The carb kits are manufactured by Keyster in Japan and distributed by Sirius Sonic in Toronto area.

JohnAMcG

Got an extra one in your pocket??  All i can do is read the forums till mine comes in.  Says hasn't shipped yet, its been almost 3 weeks.  -JM
-JM

Re-Vision

I can send you a used accelerator pump diaphragm if you want to take a chance on it.    BDC

Rikugun

QuoteSays hasn't shipped yet, its been almost 3 weeks.  -JM

I've found motorcyclecarbs dot com not to be very responsive - before or after a sale. The phone number Cdnlouie posted has been disconnected. According to their website that was to combat pesky customers from phoning in questions. They may or may not respond to email queries - at their own pace mind you. I'm 2+ weeks waiting for parts (throttle shaft seals) myself. On the plus side, I got my CC statement and found they've paid themselves. At least they're on top of getting paid.......

I'm guessing they source the Keyster kits from Sirius just like my vendor and other places. If they have none in stock they'll be waiting for Sirius to resupply them and we've all been waiting for that to happen since last summer/fall. If they're working from older stock check the contents of the boxes upon receipt for the correct application.

JohnAMcG

Well, looks like I'm stuck then.  I kinda figured that was the deal.  They'll get no more business from me unless they decide to give me some kind of heads up.  Not holding my breath.  In the mean time, ill take that used one revision.  It's gotta be better than the one I have, and taking the carbs out only takes me a minute now.  I'll send a pm. 
-JM

Oz Vision

1982 Yamaha XZ 550 - 16R x 2
1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

Rikugun

I think I'll wait for them to become available from my dealer in PA for $41.50.

JohnAMcG

Seriously.  No one has an accel pump diaphragm?  I'm tired of being a non-rider.
-JM

Re-Vision

Wasn't able to send it till Monday morning but it did go to the USPS and they said it should be there Thursday.    BDC

JohnAMcG

ThAnks very much.  I got it.  Hope I can repay you somehow.
-JM