ID this rear shock please

Started by Raj1988, March 30, 2011, 06:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raj1988

Ok i know pictures would be more useful and they are on their way.

I picked up a vision shock last night that seems to be aftermarket. It has no markings and the label on the gas canister is worn out.

Length and fitting are stock. The spring is a pinkish red

Any ideas?

Also it seems a lot heftier (diameter) than stock.. Can anyone tell me where i can get it rebuilt and how much i can expect to pay for that? forgive my ignorance but >>>>What exactly is rebuildable in a rear shock?
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

QBS

Rebuildable means that the unit and its' internal componets are designed to be disassembled and reassembled.  It also means that new and or different internal pieces are available to replace worn bits or tune the unit to provide different performance charicteristics as needed.

Non rebuildable units theoretically can't be disassembled without being destroyed.  No parts support is availble.  They are considered a throw away item.  Both V units are of the non rebuildable design.  Non rebuildable units are cheaper for the OEM supplyer to mfg. and hence, are usually a source of corner cutting saving for the bike mfger.

vadasz1

So Raj I guess you offered him more for the shock than I did.

I thin it is a Fox aftermarket shock for the V.

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Raj1988

Ha-Ha, No I didn't... That would be unfair to a fellow Visionary!

;D Actually he gave me a number and I accepted! I did't say a word ;)

You didn'y mention you were interested in the rear one... I did as you asked and left the brakes and the forks for ya and offered to P/u and drop off at your doorstep but you didnt reply to either of my messages

Next time reply to your PM's  :P..

vadasz1

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Night Vision

I don't want to sign in or sign up to see a pic... can you use the insert image botton located just above  ;) :D on the reply toolbar

[img bracket "insert url" bracket/img]
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Raj1988

Raj1988

Tiger

Quote from: Raj1988 on March 30, 2011, 10:54:54 PM
pics

:o WOW!!!!!! SHOCKING PINK  :o

Thats going to look real nice on your Vision sweety!!! We will have to re-name you...RAJ-GET ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

It looks like a Fox or maybe worx shock... :-\

8) .......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Raj1988

whats a RAJ-GET??
???
Thanks Tiger. good thing its not out in the open

Rikugun

Tiger is making a humorous reference to your new found feminine alter ego. I don't think he's actually questioning your masculinity sir.
Or should I say ma'am!?   :o  :P  ;D

...just messin' with ya!
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Night Vision

my fox shock has a clicker adjustment on the external canister and threaded pre-load collar rings...

pinky doesn't look like she has either of those features... so I would bet ... not a fox
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Raj1988

as long as pinky outperforms my 83 shock  :P.... >>>>>> mock all you want gentlemen!!! Being where i'm from... by habit i have to restrain myslef from making threats  ;D empty or otherwise  :laugh: to stay out of the cooler

AHAHAH

vadasz1

I wonder if is the same type as a Triumph TT600 shock.  I read it on a post yesterday and googled for the pics.  Sure looks like the Triumph TT600 shock so far.

Great nab SWEATHEART!!!!!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Raj1988 on March 31, 2011, 09:47:11 AM
whats a RAJ-GET??
???
Thanks Tiger. good thing its not out in the open

LOL.. Before your time my friend.  I think he's talking ablut "Gidget".  heh heh heh

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Raj1988

y'all need to ease up on me... hurtin my feelins and whatnot!

TT600 shocks are longer than stock. The pink one is JUST right

Re-Vision

Rajette, that shock would look great if you painted your whole bike pink.    BDC

Hartless

i like it Raj. goes good with your skin complexion. ::)
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

Raj1988

Quote from: Hartless on March 31, 2011, 02:59:12 PM
i like it Raj. goes good with your skin complexion. ::)

Ohhhh i am sooo offended! This is terrible .... let me make a big deal about this comment and make it an international incident painting all folks from Oregon as bigots!!!  ;D

(Its sad that this course of action is actually plausable in this day and age :'()

Raj1988

SOOO can someone id this damn thing  ;D