News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

ID this rear shock please

Started by Raj1988, March 30, 2011, 06:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

I don't know...I would ID it as "made for a woman, yet strong enough for a man"  :laugh:.

On a more serious note it might be a bleached out progressive as their springs were red to start.

You're a brave man Charlie Brown as I would try to keep it a secret if I owned a shock like that  :o.  I hope you have a sister... because at least you can tell people you're riding her bike. 

mdskinner731

SHOCK MOD QUESTION???
i have a 1986 suzuki gs550es with a fullly adjustable rear shock... any one familiar with these??? how hard would it be to convert it to fit on a vision??
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Raj1988

gents, if the shock handles well, it could flamin rainbow coloured and i wouldnt care a shootin hoop
;D
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Re-Vision

Have you no loyalty?     BDC

Raj1988

Re-Vision

Yamaha/Vision, who else? LOL   BDC

Lucky

ahh, nothing a can of flat black can't fix...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Raj1988

Tiger

Quote from: Raj1988 on April 08, 2011, 06:00:15 AM
Quote from: Lucky on April 08, 2011, 12:57:24 AM
ahh, nothing a can of flat black can't fix...

Well said!

...but we still ALL KNOW its SHOCKING PINK under yer bum mate :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

You don't have to take this crap Raj, smack them with your purse.    BDC

Lucky

Quote from: Re-Vision on April 08, 2011, 09:32:01 AM

-*ZING*- (Rimshot!)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

vadasz1

OK guys, I think Raj had enough of this ribbing.  His face is starting to turn HOT RED right now.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Hartless

Quote from: vadasz1 on April 09, 2011, 06:32:12 AM
You don't have to take this crap Raj, smack them with your purse.    BDC

OK guys, I think Raj had enough of this ribbing.  His face is starting to turn HOT RED right now.

i think you meant hot pink (the font would be pink, bur i cant do that on my phone for some reason)
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

jasonm.

Does not look like a "FOX". Maybe a Hagon from U.K.or could be a "works performance" .   DOes it fit? Do you have another to compare to?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Raj1988

Finally, Thank you Jason!

perfect fit, Length is the same as the stocker but OD of spring is about 4-5 mm larger

The Prophet of Doom

I bought this from Raj, and took it into a local place to get serviced, and the pink colour removed.
Apparently it is a FZR shock that has been re-built to the correct length and a new heavy duty spring added..  Guy in the shop says shortening re-buildable shocks is pretty easy to do

Cdnlouie

Well that's an interesting angle.  How's it working for you?

The Prophet of Doom

It will take a week for the spring to come back from the powder coaters
I'll do a report after that.

Cdnlouie

I commend your determination to protect your masculinity!  However, I think "the pink shock" will be forever written in Vision history  ;D.  It's completely documented here to protect it's legitimacy  ::).

Be warned it may still behave like a woman and kick your a.... when you get out of line.  Let's hope it goes easy on you.

Can't wait to hear how it works for ya  :angel:,

Rikugun

QuoteBe warned it may still behave like a woman and kick your a.... when you get out of line.

If that kick is delivered with poor aim it could be temporarily crippling.  :o  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan