News:

Main Menu

Need carburetor assembly help

Started by pat sullivan, April 29, 2011, 06:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pat sullivan

I'm just getting ready to put my carbs back together after cleaning them.

I don't remember in what order the idle needle valve parts go together.  I'm assuming that when starting with the needle that spring goes on the needle first then the metal washer then the o-ring.  Then the needle assembly is placed in the carburetor in that order. 

Does anyone remember if that is correct?  I couldn't find anything in the manuals on it.

Thanks,

Pat S.

QBS

Seems like someone posted an excellent picture of the assembly layout within the last 6 months.  Can't remember who it was.

Re-Vision

Try these Pat:

http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=11714.0

"the o-ring goes on the end of the pilot screw ....  there's a "Lucky" ascii diagram of the spring and screw here somewhere.
should be: needle, spring, metal washer, rubber o-ring"

BDC

Cdnlouie

Always make sure there is no old 0-ring inside the carb body.  It often comes off and gets left in there jamming up the passage for future generations  ::).  That order is correct and set the front to about 1.5 turns out and the rear about 3 full turns, that will get you started.  Make sure the 0-ring is pushed up well onto the needle shoulder.  Lubricate with a bit of silicone so the needle will move smoothly.

pat sullivan

Thanks to all who responded.  I got it back together and running today and everything seems to be working well.  I will ride it a couple of days before I do the final adjustments and carb sync.

Cdnlouie:
Good recommendation on checking to make sure to get all the parts out of the inside of the carb body.  Actually that's what caused me to post in the first place.  The parts didn't come out with the needle and I had to fish them out with a wire and wasn't sure that I got them out in the correct order.

Pat S.