News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Carb rebuild kit

Started by cray9946, June 08, 2011, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cray9946

I have owned my Vision since new and have been through the ups and down in the 28 years of ownership.  I now have the time time to work on it again.  Can someone tell me where I can find rebuild kits for the carbs. I have used search and everything is a dead end.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tiger

:) Here ya go...and welcome to the ROV 8)

http://www.siriusconinc.com/search_result.php?make=2&model=xz550&part=1&partno=&search=search&x=30&y=11

Were are you located... ???

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

cray9946

Thanks for the help.  I'm in southeast Iowa (Burlington).  I was emailed by someone in Cedar Rapids sometime ago, otherwise I know of no other Visions near me.  I have been reading post on this site and the older site for many years.  It is great to have this forum available.  I'm sure I will be back for more help as I get further into this project.

nzvision

i have an 88 xz400, how do I know what year the carbs are actually from (the frame is a 14x) ?  ive started leaking petrol from the overflow. Not ideal at the price gas is.   

Im looking at doing a rebuild, after I have pulled them off and checked them (or cleaned them at least). 
please start, please start.  Yippeee I won the lottery. my vision started.

The Prophet of Doom

The XZ400 uses the BD34 Carb - same as the 82 550s

The Prophet of Doom

XZ400 Jetting is different from the 550s - none of the jets in the rebuild kits will help you, nor will the fuel pump diaphragm as you haven't got a fuel pump.

nzvision

hm.  thats interesting, painful.  but interesting

The Prophet of Doom

Before you splash out on rebuild kits, perhaps try cleaning the valves and  o-rings are like $3 each from a place like seal imports
If you are leaking a lot from the overflows then you may have petcock issues also as this should stop flowing fuel when the engine stops.

nzvision

thanks prophet.   will look at it all tomorrow.

drtaco

well since I justed started ebay account why not run up credit card  8) so I ordered the Sirius kit for 99.99 comes with 2 ky-0471 kits and 1 ky-0472f kit.