News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

WTF just happened?! Loud pop under gas tank, followed by smoke, on ignition ON

Started by Protonus, July 25, 2011, 08:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechaman

Has anybody ever shown a step by step process for this on here?  I've found videos on Youtube that seemed pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSsfTGg6R6A and thats what I'm in the process of doing now. I'm letting the tank sit with stripper in it now(someone tried to seal it with Kreem and its failed.) I've never fiberglassed before so I hope it comes out O.K..
"Do not argue with an idiot.  He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Lucky

I consider bodywork a skill & bow before those who do it well & make it look easy. I do it out of financial neccesity, but I do believe I get better results each time I do a piece. I might be at the stage where I'm getting as good results as you can get with a spray can, i just could use more patience with the repetitive steps (sand, bondo, primer, repeat...)  because of this, i tend to leave little flaws that make it less than perfect :(
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

mechaman

Quote from: Lucky on March 31, 2012, 10:12:09 PM
I consider bodywork a skill & bow before those who do it well & make it look easy. I do it out of financial neccesity, but I do believe I get better results each time I do a piece. I might be at the stage where I'm getting as good results as you can get with a spray can, i just could use more patience with the repetitive steps (sand, bondo, primer, repeat...)  because of this, i tend to leave little flaws that make it less than perfect :(

I used to work at a Chevrolet dealership as an automotive tech. and was friends with a gentleman who was also the tech that trained me when I first started there. He did body work on the side from his house,  He's one of those people that make it look easy.  I always envied that.  We would work out of his garage, I done most of the mechanic work and he did all of the body work.  Maybe I should take my tank to him.
"Do not argue with an idiot.  He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."