News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Aftermarket Exhaust systems - Options???

Started by Woz111, July 30, 2011, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woz111

I took the exhaust off the bike yesterday and its like a tea-bag. What are our options as standard exhausts have been unavailable for a few years now. Has anyone bought one of these:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380225082017&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And what other options are available?
Honda VF750SC "Sabre" 1983 fully rebuilt.
Yamaha XZ400D 1986 Partially rebuilt.

spectre

Well, if you want originals, ask around on here, I'm sure some people kept their old ones when they upgraded. There are also MAC exhausts, which I'm putting on my vision.
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Woz111

Hi, yes I would prefer an original exhaust but as they rot from the inside out I doubt that there's any good ones left in the UK? If there are any please let me know? I have to admit I'd prefer the look of the Mac exhaust to the other after-market type, where can you get them from?

Raj1988

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

lexx790

You can also get a Predator Exhaust in UK from here http://www.lm-spares.co.uk/acatalog/Yamaha_Predator_Complete_Exhaust_Systems.html
details.-
Yamaha XZ550 Vision Twin Predator 4-2-1 System (PY15)
Yamaha XZ550 Vision Twin (Frame No:11U-) , Predator System Made From Series300 Stainless Steel, Has a 10 YEAR Manufacturer's Warranty. The System comes with FREE DELIVERY & FREE EXHAUST GASKETS
Price:   £330.00 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)

The Prophet of Doom

Cycleworks.co.nz
Available in black, chrome or stainless
They will ship worldwide around $100 extra

These guys will also make replicas of the originals but you would need to contact for pricing

Donkey

Quote from: roro on July 30, 2011, 05:42:42 PM
Cycleworks.co.nz

These guys will also make replicas of the originals but you would need to contact for pricing

I'm curious about this exhaust but can't get that web page to load, not on my phone at least..

How much are they?  What do they look like?

Thanks.

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Donkey on August 14, 2011, 10:11:15 PM
Quote from: roro on July 30, 2011, 05:42:42 PM
Cycleworks.co.nz

I'm curious about this exhaust but can't get that web page to load, not on my phone at least..

How much are they?  What do they look like?

Thanks.
Their site is down (quite recently) - not unusual in this country - it doesn't necessarily mean they are out of business.
You could ring them
+64-4-939-2925

Same setup as stock, but straight rather than flared, and short.
Check them out on treedragon's bike

I got a quote a few months ago for one of the german guys - converted to Euros it was black (208 Euro), chrome(301 Euro)  or
stainless (383 Euro) and Shipping (45 Euro)

Woz111

That's a nice looking exhaust as well. One other problem I've come across as well, where do you buy the rear seals from, the big foil type rear seal that fits over the rear downpipe & inside the centre box, also the other 2 seals that go onto the top 2 pipes and clamp the downpipe onto the stubby two exhaust outlets, Yamaha no longer make them?

vadasz1

I think you are talking about the copper crush rings that go onto the Y pipe and get clamped by the band clamps.

This is the thread that I started.  If you want the cheapest cost then get the ones from the UK.  I got the ones from Germany and it is about twice the cost.  :(

http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=13358.0
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: Woz111 on August 16, 2011, 07:16:38 AM
One other problem I've come across as well, where do you buy the rear seals from, the big foil type rear seal that fits over the rear downpipe & inside the centre box, also the other 2 seals that go onto the top 2 pipes and clamp the downpipe onto the stubby two exhaust outlets, Yamaha no longer make them?

Quote from: vadasz1 on August 16, 2011, 10:02:51 AM
I think you are talking about the copper crush rings that go onto the Y pipe and get clamped by the band clamps.

Nope, he's talking about the three seals for the stock exhaust system I believe.
1 x 'Y' pipe to the top of the collector box...
2 x 1 left/1 right side front down pipes to collector box.

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Woz111

Hi lads, I was on about the 2 crush washers and the 1 bigger foil seal all of which fit onto the rear Y-Pipe. I've seen the other seals on ebay, 4 crush washers that fit into the heads and I've also seen the two foil seals that fit onto the two front downpipes. That big foil seal for the rear downpipe I think will be a problem? Thanks to you guys, & Vadasz1, I can get the 2 crush seals for £1.60 each, good one ;D