News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

More regulator stuff...

Started by Dave T., November 10, 2003, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T.

I bought a 12VDC Moose regulator for $15 and found the manufacturer. The problem is that they don't say how much power it can dissipate, like a wattage number. It's a two wire regulator, that's supposed to be connected parallel to the lighting coil, bolted to the frame to help dissipate heat.

I was checking thier website and found a good page on voltage rectification/regulation. I want to share with the group.

http://www.tympanium.com/design.html

Oh, by the way, I tried to get some of that Stablitant ?22A from NAPA and they want $65 for a 15mL bottle.... ? :o
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Walt_M.

I just read the page and they are talking about lower power systems than ours. The series and shunt regulators they refer to are for under 100W generators. Ours are 300W. They explain theory well enough though.
Whale oil beef hooked!

kiawrench

check for the stabilant in stereo shops too,, they sell  it a lot cheaper, but is same stuff, can also check local hacker shack(computer shop ) they use it a lot
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .