News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Carburetor

Started by motor29, September 30, 2011, 11:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motor29

I just purchased an 82 Vision , I was in the process of tearing it down . Does anyone know what the rubber part is called that connects the carburetors to the engine? Thanks in advance

QBS

Technically, they're intake manifolds.  On this Forum they are usually referred to as "carb boots".

motor29

Thanks I was looking on parts diagrams and could't find them.

YellowJacket!

Every once in a while some used ones will pop up on ebay.  You may even get lucky and fing a "NOS" set but they are pretty rare.

If yours are still in fairly decent shape, you can use "liquid electrical tape" to seal them up and make them look a little better.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

VFan

You won't see them in the diagrams, just listed in the table as

11H-13586-02-00 JOINT, carburetor 1 & 11H-13596-02-00 JOINT, carburetor 2

Because joint 2 is used on a Yamaha boat, you can actually still buy a boot for carburetor 2 (the one with just 1 tube sticking out).  It's quite a bit of money but if you insist for me the the best place for price and service has typically been boats.net. The boot for carburetor 1 is as scarce as hen's teeth.  Your best bet is David stated is liquid tape.  If that fix won't work, I was able to find a new one after monitoring eBay for several months. If you need a replacement set, you're better off buying a good used set of eBay and applying liquid tape on them.

Best,
VFan

vadasz1

the boots a readily available on the German Ebay site (www.ebay.de).
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

VFan

You're sure right.  They are.  :)  I wish I would have known that a couple of years ago. I should have asked.

VFan