Barbers Vintage Days

Started by artbone, October 12, 2011, 04:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

NewVisionGuy

I should be going.  With the V depends on how the rebuild progresses, but I'll take my Vstar if the V isn't ready.

artbone

It has occurred to me that I don't have to ride all the way from Central Mexico. I now have a Vision in the US, Atlanta area to be specific. The Isle of Man Vision is back home at last.

Here's what I'll do. Fly to Atl and ride that bike to Barbers. I think I can arrange for a motorhome to be delivered to me at the track for whole event. If anyone would like I can do as I said earlier and buy a space in the "fan zone" for $400 that includes 10 tickets. If anyone is interested enough to commit to buy those tickets from me I'll be glad to front the money. I can have a banner or 2 made down here for about $30 each and bring them along so people will know who we are. With the space to park the motorhome you also get a space to put up a tent in the fan zone where we can display a few bikes and have a party during the day, then hang out at my motorhome after dark for a few adult beverages.

If that appeals to anyone, let me know. If I can get 10 riders to agree to buy the tickets I'll start getting it together.  ;D

Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

artbone

We can celebrate the first year of production this year and the last year next year.   :o
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

QBS

Yes!  Will be there.  How do we reimbuse you?

artbone

I'll let you know when I get the plans farther along. I just sent a note to the lady who puts on the Norton Turn 6 party and she'll get back to me soon, I'm sure.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

artbone

Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

artbone

I've made arrangements to rent the space for a motorhome ($125) for the event and I'm going to reserve a motorhome and have it put on the site before the event. All I want is for the club to reimburse me for the $400 for the fanZone by buying the 10 tickets for $40 each. Well actually 8 tickets because I have to have a ticket and my friend who's going to be staying with me will buy one. I'll have the banners made down here and they should cost less than $100 and if some of the ROV movers and shakers are present I'll donate them for the next event.

If anyone is a cook, it would be great to have some food and adult beverages for the troops. I can handle the AB but I'm not a cook. The Norton folks always have wonderful chili or spaghetti every night and I usually sponge off them.

This is going to happen so let's hear some opinions.

Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

VisionMeister

I'm going to plan on making the trip. Much can happen between now and then, but it is on my calendar.
Barber's has been on my bucket list since I saw the Barber team at Sears Point in about 99.
Imagine a Britten just sitting there unguarded for all to gawk at and touch if you dared.

67GTO

Artbone

Is that a GPS you have on your bike? I'm looking for a good mount for my Garmin?

What make or model is that mount?

Thanks, Dan
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

QBS

Artbone, put me down for two tickets.  Does the motorhome rental site have room for a Time Out brand motorcycle tent trailer?  It would be fun to Camp next to RoV Hq.

fret not

Hopefully I will go this year but some stuff may be hanging me up, stuff I have no control over.  If I can go I can do some cooking, so here are some questions that will need to be addressed no matter who cooks: 
cooking in the RV or outside on a camp stove? 
Cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc. (stove) available? 
How spicy do you all like chili? 
Anyone going that has diet restrictions?
How many folks eating?
Is this mainly for "the main meal of the day" in the evening; or breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
What sort of food vendors there? (like sandwiches, coffee, breakfast, etc.)

We can do shopping locally I presume.

I'm by no means a professional cook, just a camp cook sort of. 
Stuff I can do reasonably well: stew, chili, burgers, or?  Hey, I know a thing or two, I watch some of those cooking shows!  :o ::) :laugh:
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

QBS

If Kathy and I can put our tent trailer close to V Hq., we could provide a two burner propane camp stove and a modest assortment of pots, pans, and various kitchen utensils.

Lucky

Fret Nut, i'd be happy to lend a cooking hand too.  I'm thinking sausage & roasted peppers.  a smoker might be good too... let some meat cook all day...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

artbone

Quote from: 67GTO on January 28, 2012, 08:00:50 PM
Artbone

Is that a GPS you have on your bike? I'm looking for a good mount for my Garmin?

What make or model is that mount?

Thanks, Dan
Actually that's a SPOT tracking device you see in the picture but I use the same sort of mount when I have my Garmin Zumo 550 on the bike. It's a RAM mount. Google them, they have mounts for just about anything you can conceive. You get a ball that mounts on your handlebar, a stalk/clamp device that fits on that ball, and a ball/mount that holds your device. They are very secure and absorb some vibration. Depending on your need, less than $75.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

artbone

Quote from: QBS on January 28, 2012, 08:27:24 PM
Artbone, put me down for two tickets.  Does the motorhome rental site have room for a Time Out brand motorcycle tent trailer?  It would be fun to Camp next to RoV Hq.
I'm not sure what the restrictions are about camping, as I've never done it before. My friend that does the Norton party is going to get me a site next to her site but I don't know if anyone else can share it. Best thing to do is get on the Barber's site and see what they say. Last year there were several tents near us but I don't know if each one has to have a camping permit or not.

One other thing occurred to me. We don't have to spend the $400 for the Fan Zone if we don't want to. All that does is get you a small space in the Fan Zone area and we have to come up with something to put there and folks to man it. On the other hand, if we do it, we get the 10 tickets and, since everyone is having to pay for tickets anyway, why not "show the flag" a bit? It will be more work with the site but no more money. I'm willing to do either but I would appreciate getting my money back.  ;D
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

don_vanecek

Hummmm....this is getting interesting...can you give us a bit more of an idea of what you could say are the "mandatory expenses", looks $40.00 plus perhaps a fee to visit the museum, what else? I'm just trying to figure out costs that I can't control.  Also will be looking for the answer on camping next to the motor home? 

As some of you will remember from the 25th, as much as it is fun to eat out, for a great savings in costs any meals we can do ourselves really saves a lot of money but at the Condo in Colorado we did sort of have a fully equipped kitchen to play with.

I will watch for further details.

johnclemens

I'll go!
I'm going to set a new goal of getting my Vision project done in time. I think it would be cool to display it there.
Not sure how that will work with moving and settling in a new house.
However I have always worked better with a deadline. ;D

I am going to try. I will go either way with it finished or not.

Cdnlouie

My bucket list includes a trip to "Barbers" sometime in the future. Unfortunately October is by busiest work time of the year, but if I had a hole appear in my schedule I would be mounting up and coming.  I won't know very far in advance to be able to plan or commit to anything, but just to let you know I love the idea.  I may have to sleep in a tree (do they allow migrant raccoons, I can bring my Daniel Boone hat) but it would be very cool to be there.

Great idea and thanks for putting some thought into it!  If we don't dream we're probably dead!

QBS

Talked to Carrie at Zoom Motor? today.  They handle event promotion for Barber.
Raw data:
Camping related reservations for Vintage won't be taken until "early July".

It appears that lot utilization/configuration is customized for each event, so the offerings for one event do not necessarily apply to another event.

For Vintage days, lot B is for tent camping only, lot C is "half tent and half motorhome,.....TRACK SIDE at turns 14 and 15 is for tent and motorhome.

"Fan Zone" has no camping or motorhome utilization and is strictly a vendor marketing area.

It appears that we have plenty of time to gather more detailed information and fine tune our plans.