Main Menu

Going Racing

Started by The Prophet of Doom, October 15, 2011, 04:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Being the first day over 10 degrees in about a decade, I spend the day in the garage.
Built some new mounts for the stock seat pad, and took a bevel off the bottom to match the line of the tank.

The Prophet of Doom

Drilled a hole in the tank for the fuel sight glass.
Best I pick up my welding skills before I try to stick them together.

From www.billetproofdesigns.com $40

fret not

If that doesn't work out well the hole could be used as a place to mount a fuel level sensor.  Or not.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

I've hardly touched the bike recently.  Found a bit of spare time so recovered my seat in fine italian leather

fret not

I don't see any number plates, or does the bike get a nice fairing?

The Prophet of Doom

No, no fairing it will be completely nekkid.  It does have a plate though...

fret not

Well, please excuse me for misunderstanding the title of this discussion. (Going Racing) as I was referring to the plates that usually carry your racing number, one in the front and one on each side.  Your bike looks directed toward the street rather than the track (racers don't have license plates and tail lights).  Aside from my misunderstanding, the discussion has been a good one.  Thanks.

artbone

I believe POD's thinking has "evolved" since this project was began.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

fret not

I agree, Art, and POD is not the only one to have a project dictate an 'alternative direction' of it's own accord. :-[

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: fret not on March 17, 2019, 02:11:29 AM
Well, please excuse me for misunderstanding the title of this discussion. (Going Racing) as I was referring to the plates that usually carry your racing number, one in the front and one on each side.  Your bike looks directed toward the street rather than the track (racers don't have license plates and tail lights).  Aside from my misunderstanding, the discussion has been a good one.  Thanks.
Sorry for the confusion.  We decided to go racing, and I was going to build a whole other race bike.  Then mine got smashed to bits in an earthquake and I only wanted to build one.  Decided to do a sort of hybrid road racer, that would be good for the occasional track day.  All the road equipment can be removed in about 10 minutes.

Mostly though I'll use this for geriatric hooliganising around town - if I ever get it finished - it seems to go on forever.