2-part RTV distributor?

Started by NewVisionGuy, November 09, 2011, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewVisionGuy

I'm looking for a distributor for 2 part RTV, preferably heat cured.  I made new intake boots out of Vinyl Polysiloxane today and painted them with red RTV, so they should hold up ok.  They lasted for 3 hours in the oven at 300*F.  A 2-part chemical resistant heat cured RTV would be ideal.  The more I look at Alumilite, it's not going to be durable enough to be worth the effort.  Anyone have any ideas?  Is anyone here already making the carb boots? 

fret not

Ya know, I just thought of the new 3D printers and what they are doing with them now.  By using a combination of powders and lasers they are now able to make serviceable parts by printing them.  In one of the engineering newsletters I get they showed gears and such right off the printer, made with various metal powders and zapping them with lasers to weld the powders together bit by bit to make the serviceable parts.  So far it is still cheaper to buy the carb boots but the day will come when that won't be the case.

RTV = room temperature vulcanizing
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Tiger

:) This maybe of help...

http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=6005.0

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

NewVisionGuy

thanks, Tiger.  I don't know how I missed that in my search.  I'll do some more digging when I get home. 

fret not

Tiger, that discussion you linked to whetted my appetite, so what ever happened with the R1 carb transplant?  I haven't seen anyone mention such a conversion so I guess it may have died on the vine, so to speak.  Anyone have a report to make?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

QBS

Very interesting thread.  Coil, an update please.