Vision Weber carb manifold for sale

Started by Glyn, January 14, 2012, 06:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyn

Hi All, After many years of riding the Vision I've decided to try some other projects. The bike stopped on me a few months ago and I just cannot get it going again. Sparks, compression, new fuel,clean jets, new battery. Nothing. I suspect the ignition sensor or maybe valve timing. Due to their bad (and undeserved) reputation here they are not collectable at all. I'll be trying to sell the bike with lots of spares, if not it may become landfill since I need the space. Just imported a 650 Benelli Tornado (1972) from MI which I am restoring to ride regularly on the road here. Very different beast to the Vision.
As I've mentioned before I've had an IDF Weber twin downdraft carb fitted for some years. It's run great on this and I designed and had manufactured an allloy manifold which fits into the standard Vision carb stubs. It's not a thing of beauty (well it is to me)  but has resulted in clean trouble free use all of this time. Fuel consumption about the same, since it also has squirters etc. I'm sure a little more jetting work could make it even better. It cost me $400 NZD to have welded up which is way over the top, but he did made a good job. I reckon $100 USD if anyone wants to take a punt with it would be fair (plus postage). The carb is well jetted at the moment but would be heavy to ship. Checking out E bay there are quite a few IDF's in the USD. I could give advice on the jetting I have done if anyone wants to trial it. Also have a Triumph TT600 shock fitted, but they are cheap enough s/h in the US too. I could sell the adaptors If any interest. They are just out of mild and I have drawn up diags to make them also. Have also modified the tripple T to take standard bars and risers. Huge difference to comfort.

The Lucky oil cooler mod has been great, although I tapped in slightly too far and it has always leaked there, just a few drops when stopped. Never got worse and am sure has extended my stator life. I'll get another Vision one day most likely since I've enjoyed the bike so much.

If anyone would like any pics of the manifold/carb/risers etc drop me a mail on  pickteam@xnet.co.nz

Just like to thank all the members for all their great advice over the years especially Lucky for this patience with all my questions. It certainly has been a worrying time for the US and hopefully 2012 will bring a more positive outcomes. If any of you are ever across the ditch more than welcome to contact me.

All the best

Glyn Pickering
Glen Eden
Auckland
New Zealand

Re-Vision

Lucky

My Pleasure, & remember, you will ALWAYS be a Visionary!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ShaneSpring

Wish I had the spare money, have plenty of time and space at the moment to play with motorcycle shaped things

jefferson

If anyone gets this manifold I have a Weber carb that would be cheap. I would have to get it out and see what it is. The guy I got it from was going to put it on a Vision and never got around to it.

Jeff