I've just spent 2 days working on the IOM Vision. My buddy David pulled the exhaust off before I got there so, with no pipes, I figured I would work on the stuff I had in hand and let David put the new pipes on when they arrived. I pulled the starter and replace the seal and brush plate, cleaned everything up and put it back together. It was much easier without the ex pipes in the way and up on a lift table.
Then I pulled the gas tank and refilled with new fuel, drained the float bowls, and made sure the petcock was working. Next I pulled the front brake apart and cleaned the grung off the piston, put a little new brake fluid in the bore and pressed the piston back in, drained the master cylinder, and bled the system. It works fine now, instead of the front brake dragging.
Then we pulled the right sidecover and replaced the clutch with a complete Barnett unit, springs, steel plates, friction plates, and all. Easy peasy except getting the chrome water lines apart. After that, it as no problem.
Then I put the petcock on prime a few minutes, put the choke on, and fired her up. It cranked and ran in about 10 seconds. With no pipes it sounded pretty wild. I let it run about 2 minutes and shut it down. No oil or water leaks so I'm pleased.
So, 2 days, about 12 hours for 2 guys and I'm about ready to ride. David is going to put the pipes on and install a fuel filter and I'm going to come over a day early before Barbers and ride this beast to find the bugs. I'm excited.