News:

Main Menu

Non-American xz's

Started by Re-Vision, March 04, 2012, 07:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Anyone know if any foreign xz's came with air front shocks and/or adjustable rear shocks(Like American 83's). What about any xz's with fuel gauges?    BDC

iain

Our 400s all had them, both mine and roros,, bikes have 400 front ends

Iain
NZ
W.S.M.A

Re-Vision

treedragon

Mine was a Japanese import into New Zealand, it had air front forks and a rear shock exactly as pictured.
There is always a way

The Prophet of Doom

From what I can gather from my various parts fiches...

14X - Japan 400 - Air, no fuel gauge
11U - Europe - No Air, no fuel gauge
11V - Germany - No Air, no fuel gauge
16R - Australasia - No Air, no fuel gauge
28W - Australasia and other markets - Air, fuel gauge

I'm missing a few models though.:-(

That shock looks like the one that came off my Japanese model XZ400D, although the little turn thing had broken off - Never seen another like it though, naked 400s here don't have the damper adjustment and 16Rs certainly don't.  I've never seen a fuel gauge in real life

Oz Vision

Would like to know if this is a standard shock for British xz's?
[/quote]

My Euro import XZ did not have a shock like that.
I did find by accident a NOS fuel tank in Oz with a fuel sender hole in it, but I am yet to see a bike fitted with one.
1982 Yamaha XZ 550 - 16R x 2
1972 Yamaha AS3 125 twin 
1971 Yamaha DS7 250 twin 
1987 Yamaha XJ 900F
1985 Yamaha FZ 750

Re-Vision

lexx790

Quote from: Re-Vision on March 04, 2012, 11:08:55 PM
Would like to know if this is a standard shock for British xz's?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XZ550-REAR-SHOCK-ABSORBER-/150620957373?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2311b56abd#ht_702wt_1396

BDC

In a word.......no, well neither of mine look like that and its a registered UK bike.

I have just bought 2 items from the clocks seller, the rear side grab rail and fork brace for £31 delivered.  ;D

Rikugun

Is that shock from the D model? I vaguely remember someone posting about one from a Japanese source but could be wrong.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan