'The Dragon' in May..Now with pictures!!!

Started by Tiger, March 26, 2012, 06:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Should all the stars align, yours truly, along with a couple more Canadians (on Visions) and a couple of New Yorkers will be heading south, 18th to 21st May, to Charlotte NC. At some point...Sunday 20th May...we will be heading for 'The Dragon'!!!

This is a personal invitation ride weekend from my past company president, who moved to Charlotte last year and who has attended three OnROV rides in the past couple of years. 8)

It would be great to put real people to ROV names, if possible... 8)

More to come as we get nearer the time...so keep an eye open for updates ;)

8) ....... TIGER ....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

I will keep those days open! this should be EPIC!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

spectre

Awesome! I hope you can make it Tigre, I'd like to meet you, and ride the dragon, it would be an awesome day lol.
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on March 26, 2012, 11:45:40 PM
I will keep those days open! this should be EPIC!!!
Quote from: spectre on March 27, 2012, 06:42:25 PM
Awesome! I hope you can make it Tigre, I'd like to meet you, and ride the dragon, it would be an awesome day lol.

It would be great to meet/ride with you guys... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

supervision

Now this some kinda milestone, it is always fun to get to meet some one you only know from afar. Tiger, I think of you every time I use the thread lock, you had for us in Colorado, and it was fun having a beer with Kenny meeting him in person, was way cool! 
" border="0

AdvRich

Sounds great! Any route planning yet?

vadasz1

I would love to go but I am currently jobless again and probably won't have the funds to make even a trip to Buffalo viable.

Have a safe trip boys and keep the rubber side down.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

I'm really looking forward to this ride...but I'm not sure my ass/back is :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

The guy who is putting this ride weekend together has a rough route plan worked out, which he has outlined to those invited down. However, he has to do a couple of try outs first, do a wee bit of tweeking here and there and suprise the hell out of us when we get there!!! ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

I intend leaving home on the Thursday, with my brother Peter and Art, head south (and maybe meet up with Night_Vision), park up somewhere around the half way mark ('ish). Up with the larks on Friday morning, sh!t/shower/shave, breakfast and on to Charlotte to start the party... 8)

I know Canadian_Lou will be vacationing down on the Outer Banks, with his Yamaha Venture in tow, intends joining us at some point... :-\

Don't know the area at all...(In the States I've never been further south than Chicago/Cleveland!!!...an hour stop over in Houston airport on the way to Cancun doesn't really count)... but we are headed for the 'highlands' on Saturday I believe, stay over night somewhere and on to the Dragon sometime Sunday.

Start the journey home on Monday, get back Tuesday...work on Wednesday.

I'll keep you all up to date as info comes through, as I would love to meet up with anyone who can make the Dragon. It should be a real blast 8) You never know what Tiger may have for you and the boys this time Supervision!!!

AdvRich

Thumbs up! I throughly enjoyed riding many of the twisted mountain roads of Eastern Tennessee and Western North Carolina some years back and it truly is a blast. It'll be great time for you all and the bikes for sure.

Enjoy, Rich

Kenny

:( :( #@$#%$% ,Tiger I would like to But once again I'm TASKED to an AAR flight...
      Next year I'm pulling the plug!! Yes Supervision It was nice to stretch my Vision's legs  I sure enjoyed the 25th but had to head off before the major fun started.
                    Ride Safe Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

George R. Young

Consider heading to Front Royal VA and then down the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway. I try to do this every year (18 times on a Vision) but usually in September when it's cooler and bug free. Had stator failures on 2 of these trips, in Roanoke VA and Ithaca NY. Surprising how far you can go on just the battery.

BTW, the Dragon is kind of busy with traffic on weekends.

AdvRich

Quote from: George R. Young on March 29, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
Consider heading to Front Royal VA and then down the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway. I try to do this every year (18 times on a Vision) but usually in September when it's cooler and bug free. Had stator failures on 2 of these trips, in Roanoke VA and Ithaca NY. Surprising how far you can go on just the battery.

BTW, the Dragon is kind of busy with traffic on weekends.

My thinking too George.

I'd be up for a fall Skyline/BRP ride this year if something like that starts to work up... lots of great roads to in WVa too.

Tiger

:) Less than five weeks to go...HOOOYAAAAA 8)

Protonus

If you guys are coming thru Buffalo at the very least i can ride out to cya, i live in Rochester an hour away

1982 with full '83 fairings

Tiger

I'll let you all know the plans as soon as I know ... ;)

'The Gap'... http://www.dealsgap.com/  Enjoy 8)

Tiger's gonna do battle with the dragon!!! Grrrrrrowl baby ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

fret not

Oh yeah!  Ummmhumm! :police:
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Raj1988

Tiger, do share the dates and locations of the meet-up , some of us may 'find' ourselves in the area  ;D
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Tiger

Quote from: Raj1988 on April 20, 2012, 07:59:05 AM
Tiger, do share the dates and locations of the meet-up , some of us may 'find' ourselves in the area  ;D

Its the Canadian twofour holiday weekend...and I/we are really looking forward to this run... 8)

Peter and I will be leaving on Thurday 17th May and hauling ass straight down to Charlotte NC.
We are looking forward to riding 'The Dragon' on Saturday 19th May...A Friday night lay over maybe before we slay the dragon??

We will be 'heading home' on the Monday 21st.

However, this is not my ride, so, what-ever is decided by our host will be fine by me 8).

I will keep you all informed of all and any updates as I get them...

Lucky

Quote from: Tiger on April 21, 2012, 07:04:09 AM
We are looking forward to riding 'The Dragon' on Saturday 19th May...A Friday night lay over maybe before we slay the dragon??

I'm going to suggest staying Friday & Saturday night because your going to want to be rested Friday, & if you guys do "The Loop" (Deals Gap & Cherohala Skyway & Trust me, you want to...) it's easily most of the day, you'll be tired & need a good nights sleep before departing.

I'm only 20 min away, & on a direct route to the Gap.
Let me know if you need me to provide names/numbers/locations of local hotels/motels. and of course, Lucky's Grill will be open too...  :)

Kitty, Spectre & I Have already requested the days off from our employers (the Mrs will be riding 2up with me)

Also, If anyone has n ROV t-Shirt, we can sign it & get it hung up in the cafe... (i might, i'll have to look)
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

vadasz1

Looks like there will be a lot of riders from Ontario there.  I saw on gtamotorcycle.com that a good number of groups are going to be down there for the week before/of/after the long weekend.  So I hope you guys will enjoy yourselves.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.