Our Claim To Ill Fame! Cycle Canada Magazine Invitation - April 2012

Started by Cdnlouie, April 17, 2012, 06:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

It seems that the Vision continues to gain accolades as evidenced by a warm invitation from Cycle Canada Magazine.

April 2012 Vol. 42, No. 4 page 12 in the "Speculator Section" reads:

We're Looking For Honda's Pacific Ghost (section title)

Among all the motorcycles manufactured over the last 40 years or so, only a few seem to have been designed for obscurity.  Our list of the most remarkably forgettable motorcycles of the past few decades names the Yamaha Vision, the Suzuki RE5 Rotary, Yamaha's GTS, Ducati's Indiana, and of course the Honda Pacific Coast.

If you have one of our five candidates for a Motorcycle Hall of Ill Fame, we'd be glad to hear from you. Contact Steve Thornton at stevet@lcmedia.ca and tell him what you got.

Hey the Vision is starting to get invitations to prestigious events!  I emailed Steve a few pics of my Vision just to wet his appetite.  Hopefully, something will work out to display one of bikes at this show.  It is most likely going to be coordinated at the Toronto Motorcycle Show some time in 2013 (http://www.supershowevents.com/spring/). The Vision should be a show stopper.  I love making people drool and making them feel like they missed something (which they did). It would be cool to get an 82 and an 83 in the event?

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Cdnlouie

Right back at ya!  ;)  I guess that the riders of vision tend to be obscure too!  I personally take it as a positive article. The Vision is definitely not like any other bike, it stands alone and people are curious about that, kind of like they might have missed something (and they did).  You know what they say these days, any publicity is good publicity!  It is amazing how many times the Vision gets mention, who cares that the context is always bad  ::).  We know the truth, and the truth will set you free!  :laugh: