Insurance agency to AVOID like oil on the road

Started by Neil, April 19, 2012, 07:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

On Tuesday, (4/17/12) I had the unfortunate experience of being told by the "Anitique, Classic, & Collectable" insurance agency, Condon Skelly, that my 1984 Yamaha RZ 350 and 1982 Yamaha XZ 550 are NOT collectable and they will not insure them! That was despite providing RZ 350 listings from Rare Sportbikes, E-Bay, etc. One just sold on E-Bay for $12,100. AVOID Condon Skelly.

Their director, Jim Kruse, said their decision was based on his OPINION and was rude about it, too. He also arrogantly blabbed on about how many motorcycles he owns and how that makes him an expert about what is collectible and what is not.

AVOID Condon Skelly, there are other friendlier, more realistic, and more profesional  companies to pick from.

Rikugun

I'm surprised about the RZ not being collectable.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Neil

The RZ definately is collectible. The moron at Condon Skelly is simply wrong in his opinion. I've already found two other antique & collectible insurance companies that will cover it and the Vision. In the opinion of a friend who owns a local insurance agency, the guy at Condon Skelly was being a jerk.

The Prophet of Doom

I had the guy at badgereplicas tell me my bike was unpopular and not worth making a decent job of replica badges for.

There are a lot of XZ haters out there

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rikugun

This enthusiast site represents but a tiny piece of the motorcycling world. The harsh reality is that in the grand scheme of things, the Vision is unpopular. :(  Unfortunately, that means spotty aftermarket support at best.   On the plus side, that makes these bikes affordable. I'm ok with that. I don't need the motorcycling world at large to be in love with the Vision to validate my admiration for the quirky little Yamaha.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan