News:

Main Menu

Cult Bikes

Started by Brian Moffet, October 18, 2003, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

I decided to ride down to Capitola Village this morning for coffee, about a 10 mile ride, 20-30 minutes by city streets travelling past the Pacific (did I mention it's sunny and clear out today?)

On my way back, I was waiting at a light.  A blue station wagon pulls up, the drivers door opened and a guy yells out  "Wanna Sell it?" :-)

Told him, sorry, no.  He then asked whether it was an 82 or 83.

There are actually some people who know what a Vision is...

Brian

Paul_Jungnitsch

It is funny how the Vision is changing into a piece of motorcycling history. I was talking to a Harley guy this summer at a gas station and he was saying ya, he recognized it when I started up (tank bag had hooked the choke, really sounds like a V-twin then!). No ordinary old Yamaha. Got me thinking of what would have happened if Yamaha would have chosen the high performance water-cooled V-twin path instead of the inline four.

Still the first choice of a lot of people is some kind of BMW. With the grey paint, small fairing, and various bags bungied on it seems to appear like a GS.

Rick G

If the vision had been built as a 750 , Yamaha would be building a  version of it now . If you look at the  Aprillia or the Voxon you can see the influance that the XZ550 had . When Visionary and my friend in Mn ,Guzzi John , bought his new  Aprillia, his first comment to me was it was "like a giantVision!"
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike