Geodesy GPS installation

Started by biaggi, October 19, 2003, 04:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biaggi

I've just brought one of these:

http://www.geodesygps.co.uk/geodesy-plus.htm

Has anyone mounted one (or similar) on a Vision? - any good suggestions for installation?

I was thinking of mounting it on top of the clocks - are there any nearby wires for power and ground that I can splice into?

TIA

:)

kiawrench

i dont have one of those now,, had one when i was in military,(spent a bit of time traveling around air foce bases ) but it wasnt as new as the one you just bought ,, and it had to be sent back to company for the updates.
 ? ? ?i had it mounted on a gold wing,left side pocket on the fairing . ?the only place i know of to draw power on a vision for it , if you have fairing on and IF you have a radio mounted , is radio power feed. if you dont have a radio installed, but have fairing , i say create new circuit for it , run fused circuit to unit with a rocker switch . Just have to make turning it off a shut down item, ?Dont forget ! rocker off, bike off ,rider off,, ?other wise , dead battery
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

I have an Etrex from Garman I've used on occasion, I set it in the map pocket of my tank bag.  they're pretty good & waterproof.  I also have a Palm Vx i've been trying to buy a GPS for. (cheap) It would be good for planning trips, etc because I could them map out trips, etc.

But really the etrex is nice  because I like to just go for rides and "get lost"  with the Etrex I can just set it to bactrack
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

I should have looked at the link before I answered..lol.
I have a radar detector mounted on the fairing..
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black