News:

Main Menu

"PowerBlade" the new Tornado?

Started by Jimustanguitar, July 01, 2012, 06:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

I'm shopping for some parts and stumbled upon this accessory http://www.shopworldofpowersports.com/Scary-Fast-POWERNOW-POWER-BLADE-detail.htm?productId=9856821&ez=Tools%20Carb%20Tools~q=fidaa116zztidaa3341zz~r=~&pos=13

I don't believe the sales copy, but it's interesting that it addresses slow air moving through a venturi, that certainly sounds relevant to the Vision. Has anybody tried something like this for fun?

I'd cut up a pop can and bend some fins into it at least 5 times before I'd spend $100+ on something like this :)

Rick G

I read a test on this sometime back . there conclusion was that it was pure B.S.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Rikugun

With some modifications it might be a great for coring apples.  ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

admin

wow, these have been around since the mid 80's.
yes various tests done back then by a leading car mag if irc
said yes, total bs.
interesting how these crop up every once in a while...

VisionMeister

I think these are hyped to improve throttle slide type carburetors. The Blade is to match up with the cutaway of the slide. I don't believe they have any effect. The manufacturers would have done this if it was that simple.
Airflow to the venturi can be modified to gain advantage at different ranges, though... usually at the cost of a disadvantage at some other range.
One of the modifications Suzuki made to the GSXR 1000, back in the early iterations, was to add slots to the velocity stacks down low by the throttle body throat. This was to let it get more air at lower RPM/airflows. Once the RPM's came up, the airflow velocity overcame the low airflow inlets.